Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to start a window cleaning business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you are driving over 3.5t for commercial gain you also need to do your cpc modules and get a digi tacho.

I have a class 2 licence from the army when I was young but can't even drive a 7.5t nowadays without doing my cpc.
This is something one would have to take legal advice on. You don't need cpc for driving the van of its not the main part of the job.

Your job is window cleaning not driving a 7.5t truck.

Are you carrying goods for personal use? You aren't selling your equipment. You aren't delivering i them and you are taking it back to base every day (except your water.)

To all intense and purposes it appears we need a cpc card with 35 hours training every five years. I honestly don't know.

That training is going to be costly in many ways if it's required. It might cause me to reconsider going to a van above 3.5t.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't have more haste less speed, the two meanings contradict each other surely..

Its a famous quote, we used it on the building sites. I think it means that it you try and rush a job then it will take you a lot longer. In therory its supposed to be quicker but in practice it takes much longer because of mishaps happening. The faster one moves the more likely mistakes will happen. Think about a job that you tried to rush and it all seemed to go wrong, then try and understand why. Possible explanation is your mind was elsewhere and couldn't concentrate on the task at hand. We see it in football each week when a goal is scored just before half-time. 

If you are driving over 3.5t for commercial gain you also need to do your cpc modules and get a digi tacho.

I have a class 2 licence from the army when I was young but can't even drive a 7.5t nowadays without doing my cpc.

DVSA warns 7.5-tonne entitlement no longer valid without Driver CPC. DVSA has reminded drivers that they now can't legally drive a 7.5 tonne truck professionally even if it's on their driving licence unless they have completed the Driver CPC. ... "Please note that is DVSA opinion and does not carry any legal weight.2 Oct 2014

That was on the internet.

Went on the DVLA website and all you need is your National Insurance number and Driving Licence number. Once you put them in, up comes "Vehicles you can Legally Drive" I can drive up to a 7.5 tonne vehicle because I passed in 1983. Thanks everyone for your help and can put my mind at ease. ?

Latest Posts

Back