Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lower Back Pain?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Few yrs back i was renewing my works insurance [employees] and the insurance guy asked me were we using water poles.I said no and he said good.I replied why and he said there had been a run of injury claims in recent times .He did not say what injuries exactly .
That reminds me i knew a couple Bristol way who had employees mixed cleaning biz carpets etc etc cleaning hotels commercial work and a window cleaning employee of 6 yrs or so had put in an industrial injury claim [i cannot remember what exactly think it was a worn out shoulder ] anyhoo they actually quit doing window cleaning altogether over it and concentrated on the carpets,lobby work etc .

Long and short of it you dont want to be doing anything long term where you are stretching your bod in the exact same way

So what did he suggest? Everyone back on ladders?
he didnt suggest anything.Course ladders are risky too. A wise person would change their work routine every few yrs. Know a friend who got a bad back sitting in front of a computer after ten yrs ,she went on to change jobs to reception work and her back recovered ,in hindsight should have left the computer job years Before her back spasms started

he didnt suggest anything.Course ladders are risky too. A wise person would change their work routine every few yrs. Know a friend who got a bad back sitting in front of a computer after ten yrs ,she went on to change jobs to reception work and her back recovered ,in hindsight should have left the computer job years Before her back spasms started
I've been using WFP for nearly 14 years now and I'm 52 years of age with zero issues.i was on the ladders for 17 years before that....

A lot of the time it's lack of strength training and muscle and using inferior equipment and working too much instead of smart.

Some window cleaners use ridiculously heavy cumbersome poles and brushes,trolleys or backpacks,no wonder they end up with issues!

I've been using WFP for nearly 14 years now and I'm 52 years of age with zero issues.i was on the ladders for 17 years before that....

A lot of the time it's lack of strength training and muscle and using inferior equipment and working too much instead of smart.

Some window cleaners use ridiculously heavy cumbersome poles and brushes,trolleys or backpacks,no wonder they end up with issues!
you are right about heavy,but its the long poles no matter how light -such as anyone using the really big poles on commercial on a regular basis the risk is so obvious.You can of course never eliminate risks i once met a windy who couldnt raise one of his arms very high,hed tripped in a back garden and hit his armpit hard on a low fence

Few yrs back i was renewing my works insurance [employees] and the insurance guy asked me were we using water poles.I said no and he said good.I replied why and he said there had been a run of injury claims in recent times .He did not say what injuries exactly .
That reminds me i knew a couple Bristol way who had employees mixed cleaning biz carpets etc etc cleaning hotels commercial work and a window cleaning employee of 6 yrs or so had put in an industrial injury claim [i cannot remember what exactly think it was a worn out shoulder ] anyhoo they actually quit doing window cleaning altogether over it and concentrated on the carpets,lobby work etc .

Long and short of it you dont want to be doing anything long term where you are stretching your bod in the exact same way
Well pheraps millions in this country did and have work related illnesses even secretary's but unlike you couldn't afford to pack in after all who would employ worn out pitman?

Well pheraps millions in this country did and have work related illnesses even secretary's but unlike you couldn't afford to pack in after all who would employ worn out pitman?
in our industry which is all thats relevant -most on here are self employed who can switch the work around easily -theres plenty of ways you can move sideways and save your bod. Perhaps you can do upstairs only [i do] that saves my knees which were failing= bending downs a no no for me .I make sure iv a short guy with me he does all the bending down , Maybe you can do all the inside work while somebody else does the outs or praps you can prep the van meaning You start erlier than the rest but you go home earlier.

You might have a point about changing your jobs about but that doesn't work in reality firstly you know you need knee replacements few weeks back to normal plus I know from experience every body does fair share or animosity soon kicks in in reality just like a horse when your finished down the knackers yard and that's in every walk of life since time began good sir plus your little man sounds like a slave am sure you personally have heard the pharse am not fetching and carrying for him all day?

Latest Posts

Back