Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Markup on window cleaning equipment is getting silly.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I get why that annoys you, it would be frustrating for me also but to be fair this is a pretty normal way of doing things. It's not practical to manually choose the optimum postage and create an bespoke postage label for every order when you have the volume of sales that Gardiner's likely have so they'll have it all automated with postage rules based on weight, location, number of items, amount spent etc.
The problem is that you fall into a slight crack in the system. Royal mail is the only company that has a set price for the whole UK, other delivery companies charge a premium for delivery to the Highlands or off the mainland - this means you have a much bigger difference in price between royal mail and fedex than other people in the country will have. But for most people it will work fine and choose the most appropriate postage.
The fact that you've said you're able to email them to change the postage and they're willing and able to do so shows pretty good customer service on their part.

As far as quality goes, I can only speak from my own experience, but I've found their products to be the most consistent, reliable and high quality that can be purchased for our industry. The backpack has been indestructible for me, the poles last for years of constant hard use and the prices are very reasonable in my opinion.
I wouldn't want royal fail handling, delivering a £450+ carbon fibre pole

That's an interesting question??
As someone else has said if they are just selling tds meters then that’s legal if they are selling them as HM ones then that’s a different matter but ime suprised than any reputable window cleaning supplies firm would sell cheap copies as they are inaccurate and not worth using you don’t buy a new car and put cheap oil in the engine .

I wouldn't want royal fail handling, delivering a £450+ carbon fibre pole
They'd use FedEx for that for sure. Royal mail is only cheap(ish) for small parcels. There aren't really any delivery companies I'd trust with anything valuable or fragile really, I've had parcels disappear or get damaged or arrive with the contents missing with all the main delivery companies. The only one I refuse to use now is EVRI (MyHermes) but it's practically impossible to hold any of them to any kind of accountability for losing or breaking your package.

They'd use FedEx for that for sure. Royal mail is only cheap(ish) for small parcels. There aren't really any delivery companies I'd trust with anything valuable or fragile really, I've had parcels disappear or get damaged or arrive with the contents missing with all the main delivery companies. The only one I refuse to use now is EVRI (MyHermes) but it's practically impossible to hold any of them to any kind of accountability for losing or breaking your package.
I'm waiting on an Evri parcel but yesterday one of the biggest Evri depots in Avonmouth Bristol burnt down

Surely the fake tds metres can’t be that far out that they are unusable. Mine doesn’t say hm on it and I bought it from pure freedom years ago. I do have another that goes down to decimals and so it deffo ain’t wrong anyway.

I’m sorry but if anyone on here needs to worry about delivery charges for spare parts or the price of genuine tds meter then aren’t doing the job right.

Reminded me of a conversation with a supplier many moons ago where they said
All the window cleaners want near military grade products at next to nothing prices while they bore you with how much they make a day.

As I keep saying, my gripe was about paying for fedex delivery on tiny, cheap parts when royal mail would easily deliver them. Not complaining about the price of delivery, complaining about paying £15ish unnecessary extra for something when it isn't even going to Gardiners anyway, just to FedEx.

Side point, spoken to Alex and sorted it for the future. Respect. :)

Back