Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Matthew 7: 7-8

WCF

Help Support WCF:

its all right for you jimroot I have to go to cif yojurch three times soon to hear the daughters banns read out for her wedding...so off my lazy chair earlbeautiful a sunday..
one thing I will add is...the strangeness of going in a church...it makes you feel so good ...and you come out into the daylight with that special feeling...probably all in the mind but...I can still sing them hymns:D...

now dont tell anyone cause I want to get there first but I am having one of them three man tents from aldi on thursday...even if I have little money I will still get away...probs off mr taytay country...bakewell and moneyash ...
Bakewell and Monyash sounds very nice Cnc.....make sure you go fully equipped on the ale front and If you get chance to venture a few miles further, try the Barley Mow at Bonsall. Its a unique little pub in a beautiful surroundings, serving wonderful ales and is hosted by a busty jazz singing milf.

oh may well look for that mr taytay...as long as its got a camp site nearby.

got to be better than the pub we walk to from the site....usually there for around two pm and told...sorry no food til five....just about sums this country up...wouldnt mind but its always packed with walkers..

still..the ales good..I never remember the walk back...:rofl:

Yeah I still believe canvassing is the way forward to get a compact round. Done all the first cleans yesterday and today and picked up another 8 custys from people who see me doing the windows wanting to join the round. Yeah, there may be a few Messers down the line but you feck them off. For the ones that don't want it every month I say - I only do monthly or one offs so just ring me when you want them doing as I can't keep track,...... and I price accordingly and that's only if i fancy doing them

Did my first hour canvass/flyering before my foot gave up and I started limping...

Think I picked the worst area, or rather other people have had the same idea that it looks a likely area, as I didn't see a speck of bird **** ior turf in the guttering the whole hour. Should have given it up.

Dropped 200 flyers and only spoke to two people, one dismissal one said they're all done already. I stopped chatting and just flyered to save time.

Sure enough, I came across a two man van banging out the houses ahead of me. Like a plonker I'd managed to ride the wave of an established team and dropped for nothing no doubt. :-(

Next time I'll scout rather than pick a map area.

Keep going mate, Rome wasn't built in a day, just need to find a little patch out the way somewhere off the beaten track. I live in the country so lots of little villages and hidden areas to seek out. Just Gotta keep on knocking it'll come :-D

Will definately keep going till the 5k are dished out, just be good to have a real idea where to drop or knock, I guess knowing that would make it too easy :)

If I've got less than 20 regular customers in two months I'm going to get a job to make do while I keep trying one day a week

The foots alright if I don't use it much /emoticons/smile.png

Did three hours work yesterday which made it bit sore, so have to build up to full days but at the mo it's not a prob as I've got no work til one more gutter job. Got limp after the hour flyering but it recovered after a pot of tea /emoticons/smile.png

If only I could get a job drinking tea, tea, coffee and beer sampler

I hope it works out Jim 5k flyers will bring the work in, have you tried any council estates? I'm finding them to be gold mines and they pay the money, you just need to sift through the rubbish and they always pay cash I did £170 today and collected £150 in.

I'm going out now to canvass just keep plugging away it'll happen I promise.

Thanks luc, I was a bit demoralised after the one hour of just knowing the area I'd picked wasn't a good idea.

I can scout some estates out. I might spend a different session in different areas, just 100 in each, see which bites, rather than blanketing entire roads.

I can't honestly see how canvassing works for the time limited, as if I'd knocked and waited at each door, I'd have got less than 50 done in the hour

Honestly mate it works, out of ten people you'll get one customer on average.

Your leaflets will work as well but you'll have to wait for them to come to you.

Here's a good statistic I ordered 2000 leaflets in April I still have over 1200 left that means I've put out 800 leaflets I've got 186 customers all from canvassing and at the same time dropping leaflets through doors no one is in, you can't beat it.

Facebook I've had two but just havant pushed it I needed work quickly but at the same time I've been very quick to drop customers I don't like and canvass more.

Canvassing works for me I hate it with a passion but totally buz when I pick up a new customer.

I think once my round is at a certain size i will push face book, website and advertise more I know these work and work really well I just haven't had time.

Scouting areas is good I do that pick an estate and knock for an hour then move on if I don't get a bite. Easy to clean estates will be taken and will take time to break into them, but you will.

I won't be counting my chickens. A look at the job websites has made me want to succeed even more though and find some more eggs.

dont worry jimroot youll soon be going mad because everyone wants you to call on the same day../emoticons/biggrin.png

my record remains at five..but...all in the opposite direction..all money left out no one in...I didnt make any money but it was fun...:rofl:.

I will certainly let you know if anyone calls, and more importantly, goes with it. The shop adverts were a waste of time. Word of mouth has been my only source to date, and they are exhausted currently. Let's see if 5000 flyers can produce a zero result lol

Keep at it! Keep at it! Keep at it! Keep at it! Keep at it! Keep at it! Keep at it!

yep listen to that spc...I think he said ..keep at it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

well..you have to be in it to win it...as in..they wont come knocking on your door...

I keep hoping they will though /emoticons/smile.png so much less effort, I can drink tea, read the paper, do a crossword, occasionally get up to answer the door and write the details down... ;-)

Im a bugger for just writing em down on the nearest scrap of paper and not taking phone numbers etc..

and the one today..on my moby...how much will it be?

er..aint a feckin clue without seeing the house love..

they all expect a price....

so just said my min price is a tenner and said text me your details..

waited thought...shes done a runner...but no...text came through..

I could have done today but guessing...its her day off and she saw the messy windows..

better for me no one in...bish bash bosh as smurfy would say..

What sorta area do you live in @Jimroot ?

If everyone's out when your knocking call after 5.30pm -6pm and knock till 7.

You could potentially speak to more people in that hour than you will in a whole day. So maybe worth going back to the houses you didn't get answer from in the day.

Worth knocking just an hour a night maybe

I'm in birmingham, loads of suburbs, estates, sprawl of tens of thousands of houses within ten minutes any direction.

I'm going to try three areas today, same postcode, but apart, see what I can do.

Evenings I have to look after my kids, daytime is what I have to do it really. Going to mostly flyer till I get into it.

Wouldn't it annoy people to get up from their dinner at 6-7pm? I know I've over thought it, but it's too late now to retract that sentiment. Instead of my opener speech yesterday, I devised a 'diffuse angry flyer hating rant' speech!! :)

Latest Posts

Back