Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

minimum ladder height flat roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thought you don’t need ladders?
I’d get 3.5 metre double extension ladder. It may be a little big for that job but there’s not that much in the price difference between that and anything smaller that will reach 14 foot. Plus you will have a good size ladder for any future jobs that may arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’d also get a good trade ladder like Titan yellows or a lyte. They will feel a lot more sturdier than a diy ladder. Especially if your not keen on ladders in the first place.

As a general rule, I don't use ladder's.

But for this 1 job I will make an exception, its a flat roof with a great spot to put a ladder which means as long as its footed it cant slip so once every 8 weeks I don't mind doing it.

Thanks Dave.

4bcedd7383624a478739bb88a078661a.jpg

We use a telescopic for multiple things, accessing flat roofs, getting the big ladder on and off the van, help cleaning conny roofs, some people wont go near a telescopic ladder, but if you set them up correctly, make sure sections are locked in position, then its a perfectly good bit of kit. Use it multiple times a day for various bits and bobs, 4 year old ladder still going strong. Hard to retract in cold conditions and a pain to get down sometimes, but if you learn the little tricks its ok

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I really don't like heights mate, I wouldn't feel safe on one of those thing's.

I had one not long after i started traditionally and one of the locking mechanisms went on one side after 2 month's, that and the bugger used to pinch my hands when folding it down is enough to put me off those James bond ladder's. 

I'm nearly 15st and need something trustworthy.

Yeah thats fair enough im only 12 stone and confident on ladders. I just suggested it because they’re very mobile/multi purpose/ easier to move around

Thought you don’t need ladders?
I’d get 3.5 metre double extension ladder. It may be a little big for that job but there’s not that much in the price difference between that and anything smaller that will reach 14 foot. Plus you will have a good size ladder for any future jobs that may arise.

Yep, a titan 3.5m triple. Sturdy, and will get you safely to around 23ft. Good all rounder.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A 5 meter telescopic ladder will do the job nicely, Cheapo ones of ebay and the like are best avoided as no doubt cheap imports at cheap prices.

screwfix would be be a go to place.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ours was one off ebay dude, think it was like £60 back then? Screwfix & b&q theyre about £200 last time i looked, maybe we got lucky& landed a good one [emoji51]

Back