Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My set up- think I need something bigger

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How will the insurance company know who's car that is? Assuming they are even trawling this forum lol

I'm sure your insurance company will be very impressed. Especially with your own photographic evidence.
Is that not acceptable for insurance purposes? It's a portable system. Its not a flat tank that some people use? I see a lot of gardeners haul out petrol landmowers out their boots of cars, same idea to me.

I know insurance doesn't accept a tank strapped in van, but bolted in.

If there is an insurance issue then One will have to get oneself a van:rolleyes:.

I suppose then it isn't classed as a modification? ?

If you bolt one in as far as i know you have modded it

They are sneaky as far as i am concerned it's doing what it is designed for..carrying a load

Why do you have to tell them at all?

My car carrys my drums (load) and i don't need to tell them as i am insured as a window cleaner

I once met a windy in Leicester with a Volvo XC70 (think it was, it's the AWD model)

He had removed the spare wheel from the wheel well, installed his battery and pump and a relay in there. Then he had fitted a 175 liter flat tank in the load space in the boot.

He had it plumbed by a hole in the wheel well where he hooked up the tank to some external ports at the bumper.

He would pull up, open the boot, whip out the reel and pole, connect up and away he went.

I wish now I had some pics of it as it was quite the sweet little set up he had.

As I recall he said he would do 14 -15 jobs on a tank then nip home for a refill if he had more to do.

Back