New guy here. Looking for advice!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by darius0077, Jan 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. darius0077

darius0077 Guest

Firstly I'd like to say how fantastic this site is.
    I'm wanting to start my own pure water window cleaning company. I've spent the last few days doing lots of research about making pure water. My head is ready to explode. I understand the process of making the water, however, i'm still unsure about what equipment is best to buy.
    Firstly, I live in a very hard water area. I'm going to make the water in my garage using an outside tap, then transfer the water into smaller containers and take them to customers houses, hopefully using a trolley.
    I am hoping to connect a hose from my outside tap, to the RO unit, then a hose from the RO unit to a water butt. I believe i have good outside water pressure, but not sure of the exact pressure and how strong it has to be for the RO unit.
    I've read in lots of places, something about filtering the waste water to make even more pure water, is this true? as surely the waste water in no good??
    I am on a water meter, and also dont like the idea of wasting lots of water! Also does anyone know what the average water to waste ratio is?? As i've read some people have alot of waste and just a slow trickle of pure.
    I've read on a lot of forums that I should bother with 200gdp as they are very slow. And should go straight for a 450. What do u think.
    As you can see, i am a complete novice, and any help you can give will be greatly appriciated. I'd also like advice on best RO units to buy, trolleys, poles and brushes, but not to break the bank
    Thank you so much for your time reading this and sorry for such a long post!!
  2. chip

chip Guru

Jan 16, 2012
    hi bud. don't have time to answer all that but, most of your thinking is good. you can also harvest rainwater and save a bit of waste. and an ibc as a storage container, hold a 1000 ltrs
  3. remember an ro unit will only bring your ppm down to approx. 10 you still need a di unit
  4. James

James Guru

Nov 2, 2011
    Yup the D.I. Unit is key. I use Tulsion (look at it on Ebay). It's fantastic, run it through that and your ppm will be down to 0 (hopefully, if not use a booster pump).