Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If I could green I would but it wasn't possible at the time with having a baby! So was better to come back and hopefully try get back over there in a few years!
I live in Halifax but I don't mind travelling to find work, if I could get s round in keighley what I could do on training days that would be good..

Hi Outlane ,

How far is Todmorden from Halifax ? I think a mate of mine has a round for sale in Tod , I'll ask him if it's still for sale , knowing him it should be decently priced work.

I wouldn't fancy window cleaning in Aussie it's too bloody hot! Plus from what I saw they only seem to have them done once or twice a year , also a lot of the Windows have fly screens that also have to be taken off and cleaned , whats known as a full manicure , the muck and spiders are out of this world especially when they are left for long periods, also a lot of the service type work is done by agencies that employ cheap Asian labour that work for peanuts, a mate of mine lost a few good cleaning contracts (office cleaning )in Sydney due to being out priced by these type of agencies employing cheap labour .

All the best

Glenn .

Yeah but they pay as much for a one off as our cuties pay all year so swings and roundabouts really.
Hello Green .

I wouldn't know what they pay mate ? But I do know what the fly screens get like I used to clean mine out in Melbourne , one particular time there was a red back spider in between the window and the screen , it had managed to weave a web, it had got in through a hole in the corner of the screen and made itself at home LOL

I also know how hot it can get in the summer, I used to start at 5 30 am and pull out around 1pm just too hot , and the flies used drive me mad , but I suppose it's what people get used to ,but not for me mate.

All the best Green

Glenn

My advice is get out of employment as soon as you can, i got a part time job then started to build a round. It got too much that when i wanted to clean i was stuck at work and drove me insane for nearly a year. On the 31st december i said feck it and handed my notice in and never went back, was shitting myself as i didnt know how i would pay the bills...

But a magical thing has happened, once i took the leap jobs started appearing, ive picked up a few more custies and the phone has rang. Today for example i thought i had no work on but 1 call last night and 1 email, and 1 fb message this morn turned into one commercial clean, one carpet clean and one one off window clean has meant ive had a days work today. Its weird but ive earned more this last month than ive ever done, not a lot of money compared to what i will be earning eventually but its working out so far. Just get up and go to work, keep going and things will happen, you just need a set of balls and some faith

goodluck

My advice is get out of employment as soon as you can, i got a part time job then started to build a round. It got too much that when i wanted to clean i was stuck at work and drove me insane for nearly a year. On the 31st december i said feck it and handed my notice in and never went back, was shitting myself as i didnt know how i would pay the bills...
But a magical thing has happened, once i took the leap jobs started appearing, ive picked up a few more custies and the phone has rang. Today for example i thought i had no work on but 1 call last night and 1 email, and 1 fb message this morn turned into one commercial clean, one carpet clean and one one off window clean has meant ive had a days work today. Its weird but ive earned more this last month than ive ever done, not a lot of money compared to what i will be earning eventually but its working out so far. Just get up and go to work, keep going and things will happen, you just need a set of balls and some faith

goodluck
Hello outline.

Had a word with my mate about the round in Todmorden he is willing to sell it ,it's a mixed round , £ 1200x2 weeks, £600x4weeks=£1800xper month , this a total minimum figure per month, plus it's mixed, trad , WFP, and can be worked in the ******* rain LOL ,( it's always raining in Tod)knowing my mate it will be priced right

If you want to get working for yourself in your area it might be the one!

It's not a problem if it's a bit soon for you as I haven't mentioned you to him I've just brought it up in a round about way when speaking to him on the phone.

At least you know the works out there bud.

All the best Glenn .

Quick update. Had a meeting with my manager and will be dropping a day or 2 per week starting in mid April. Happy days!! Then can focus more on the window cleaning. Been canvassing as much as possible in the last few days with a few good results. However I'm finding most people are out and dropping a leaflet through the door has little effect. Any tips on gaining more customers would be appreciated guys.

If you're not working then you're canvassing or leafletting

Occasionally stopping for food or sleep

That will see you right

Make a note who's not in and go back to those in the evening

That way you don't miss potential work in the same compact area

Back