Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 man setup help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes. Our Shurflo pumps draw around 4.5 amps per hour. We do use controllers. We estimate that an 8 hour day working residential equates to approx 4 hours pump running.

If this is the same as your environment 2 pumps would use 36amps. Your battery is 90 amps when fully charged so you are within its capacity even if you do a little more work.

But you will have to recharge your battery every night. IMPO you don't want to draw 2 days of work without charging as this will reduce the life of your battery.

Yes. Our Shurflo pumps draw around 4.5 amps per hour. We do use controllers. We estimate that an 8 hour day working residential equates to approx 4 hours pump running.If this is the same as your environment 2 pumps would use 36amps. Your battery is 90 amps when fully charged so you are within its capacity even if you do a little more work.

But you will have to recharge your battery every night. IMPO you don't want to draw 2 days of work without charging as this will reduce the life of your battery.
Ok mate that's some money of my next bill :clap:

but thought it not goood to charge batt every night
Leisure batteries should be charged everytime they are used. Same as the battery in the Gardiners backpack, the more they are stored on full charge, the longer they will last. This is why a split charge relay is good for leisure batteries

but a split is only good thing if u are driving abit not really helpful if u hve tight round and van not on much

i have a split in

and use a 110 battery but thinking of getting a bigger on as doing alot of first cleans and running 2 pumps near flat out for most of day

but a split is only good thing if u are driving abit not really helpful if u hve tight round and van not on much
i have a split in

and use a 110 battery but thinking of getting a bigger on as doing alot of first cleans and running 2 pumps near flat out for most of day
I only do 5000 miles a year, my round is very tight and I never use a mains charger. The split charge relay works just perfect for me

I only do 5000 miles a year, my round is very tight and I never use a mains charger. The split charge relay works just perfect for me
It depends on the size of the van as well, meaning the type of alternator it has. I drive a renault trafic, have a split charge installed, and never had to take out my battery for a charge. I just replaced a 70ah car battery I've been using over 2 years, and got a 110ah leisure battery for £80 from eurocarparts, hope it will last at least 3 years.

To be fair, I could have (might still) try and recharge the old car battery, but just wanted avoid it ruining another day of work, so might just keep it as a backup battery

Can you actually use any battery charger with a leisure battery?

Can you actually use any battery charger with a leisure battery?
There are different chargers for different battery types. No idea why as I have never tried to understand the science, but you need a charger that specifically says it works with leisure / deep cycle batteries.

There are a number of different styles of battery of this nature - standard lead acid, leisure, Gel, AGM and possibly more. Find a charger that says it will charge a leisure battery (also called deep cycle battery). The higher the Amp output the faster it will charge and the more expensive it will be.

hi steve are you running two pumps of your van if so what van and size of tank are you using needing another van soon
I run 1 pump and have a 500 L tank. If I take mates son out with me, he uses the trolley. I just bung some 25l barrels in the back or if were doing a particularly large gaff, he'll just bung the feeder hose from the trolley into the van tank and leave the trolley in the van as it has 60 m of microbore on a reel on it and a 100 psi shurflobpump. So in effect, it works as a two man set up

Latest Posts

Back