Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best cheap van to upgrade to???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeegee Dan

Hi all. As some people know I have recently moved my full round to using wfp. And have found that I'm running out of water quite quickly.

My round is about 2800 a month over 4 days a week due to college commitments.

I'm currently used a kangoo with a 250ltr tank that I fill twice a day(but always falling behind).

Can anyone let me know what size tank I should be using and what van would suite? I don't have a great deal of spare money at the moment so I'll need to finance the van and buy a bigger tank.

???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

If you are employing (separate posting) then you need a bigger tank.

We have a 650 liter tank in my van and most day's that's sufficient. However, we have a large commercial job coming up where we can polish off 1000 liters a day as the pumps run almost continuously. This means a quick trip home at lunch time to refill.

I have an 04 plate Citroen Relay 2.0 hdi swb van with 57k on the clock. However, they are renowned for rusting inner and outer sills. Its in the body shop at the moment getting surgery.

You really need to be considering a Vivaro/Trafic 2.9 van/Transit T280 or similar. I'm rather disillusioned with vans atm as they are all rubbish, but a necessary evil.

I've lost track with regard to vans atm, but Citroen Technical informed me the other day that all third generation Relays/Boxers/Ducato shells are fully galvanised dipped so rust shouldn't be too much of an issue (excluding accident damage and repair.) So this is models from 2007 onwards.

Unfortunately medium to large vans tend to not be well cared for, so finding a genuine one is the difficult part.

Its not ideal but have you considered a 400 liter tank in your Kangoo and perhaps towing a decent trailer with your current tank secured safety. That could help you with your daily water needs. However, towing a trailer around may not be ideal, cul de sacs and hills are two issues I hated when I had a trailer system. I also found algae was an issue with tanks in the sun so was having to wash them out twice a month in summer.

With money being tight we sometimes have to make compromises. This may even include dumping/selling off some of your work and staying with your current van with a larger tank as a single operator.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back