Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carbon Goosneck Gardiners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Anyone use the carbon gooseneck 45 degree from gardiner and is it worth using/anygood or not needed at all ???

whats the main purpose of it? lightness or strength/both or other reasons??

cheers

Anyone use the carbon gooseneck 45 degree from gardiner and is it worth using/anygood or not needed at all ???
whats the main purpose of it? lightness or strength/both or other reasons??

cheers
I have 2x 55 degree carbon goosenecks. I didn't buy them as an add on to my kit because they came included in a package when buying poles at the time. They are very very light and coupled with an Extreme brush, it's like waggling a straw. The only drawback is you have only one angle to tackle the glass at. If going over conny roofs etc it struggles to get your brush square on the glass. Stick to an angle adapter for the time being mate.

Yeah the thing I hate is that you can't change the angle, which I my view, is going backwards..

Much better to be able to change the angle to suit height of windows, plus cleaning lower windows with an acute angle is horrible...

Only any good for high work IMO. I have a few that I use for 40ft + stuff where you need some extra reach as the pole begins to bend under it's own weight & hit the bottom ledge etc. Much better off with a normal resi-neck for ordinary work & even better off with a resi-neck long reach swivel neck!!/emoticons/wink.png

I love mine. Wouldn't use anything else now. It's so light weight which for me is the main thing. I've got an extreme pole though, so it felt daft putting a plastic adapter on something so light.

This is the only picture I have of mine but I use the 45 degree version which is a very nice angle. The 55 degree I found too sharp an angle. I also use a supreme brush from gardiners and because the splay of the bristles is so good I don't have to worry about not being able to adjust the angle over conservatories etc.

Plus the gooseneck helps to get to any deep ledges which I have a few of on my round.

View attachment 4711

I use that gooseneck. Don't use anything else on windows, it's light, reaches over sills and I think it looks the part. It does scratch easily though and can make doing the bottom half of patio doors a bit tricky, I usually flip the pole upside down for them to get the right angle.

I love mine. Wouldn't use anything else now. It's so light weight which for me is the main thing. I've got an extreme pole though, so it felt daft putting a plastic adapter on something so light.
This is the only picture I have of mine but I use the 45 degree version which is a very nice angle. The 55 degree I found too sharp an angle. I also use a supreme brush from gardiners and because the splay of the bristles is so good I don't have to worry about not being able to adjust the angle over conservatories etc.

Plus the gooseneck helps to get to any deep ledges which I have a few of on my round.
Yeah but Jonny, we all know your life revolves around window cleaning and Alex Gardiner, for most people it would be a completely pointless expense, the resi necks weigh next to nothin anyway...

You just like your toys!

Most others would rather spend the money on something outside of window cleaning, but because window cleaning is your wife, your kid, your mum, your dad & your entire world, we understand why you've got one :rofl:

I'm still

Laughing that you've got an Xtreme at 18ft :rofl:

(Just winding you up bud, but in all seriousness, you need a new hobby)

The carbon necks would be great for higher work, but for residential, a bit pointless really, there's never been a single window I can't do with a standard plastic gooseneck, and it is so handy being able to change the angle for different windows,...

IMO if everything on the pole is as light as you can buy, it makes working harder not easier. I find even just using an Extreme brush is too light and hard to keep under control. I like a bit of resistance myself.

Yeah but Jonny, we all know your life revolves around window cleaning and Alex Gardiner, for most people it would be a completely pointless expense, the resi necks weigh next to nothin anyway...
You just like your toys!

Most others would rather spend the money on something outside of window cleaning, but because window cleaning is your wife, your kid, your mum, your dad & your entire world, we understand why you've got one :rofl:

I'm still

Laughing that you've got an Xtreme at 18ft :rofl:

(Just winding you up bud, but in all seriousness, you need a new hobby)

The carbon necks would be great for higher work, but for residential, a bit pointless really, there's never been a single window I can't do with a standard plastic gooseneck, and it is so handy being able to change the angle for different windows,...

I've used the plastic goosenecks for years but I definitely prefer the carbon.

Each to their own. /emoticons/wink.png

Can't disagree that I like my toys though.

I've used the plastic goosenecks for years but I definitely prefer the carbon.
Each to their own. /emoticons/wink.png

Can't disagree that I like my toys though.

You live and breathe window cleansing Jonny! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but each to there own.../emoticons/tongue.png

You live and breathe window cleansing Jonny! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but each to there own.../emoticons/tongue.png
I am a busy bee.

I love my cars too though. /emoticons/wink.png

I also have a wife that takes up a lot of my time. I'd like to think I'm pretty balanced but mayb I am a bit on the crazy side. /emoticons/smile.png

I am a busy bee.
I love my cars too though. /emoticons/wink.png

I also have a wife that takes up a lot of my time. I'd like to think I'm pretty balanced but mayb I am a bit on the crazy side. /emoticons/smile.png
Your a window junkie!

Back