Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New To The Forum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dylan Yorks

Thinking of setting myself up around my current workload with a view to hopefully progressing to full time.

Signed up here last night & been having a read around various parts of the forum.

Based In Huddersfield so will be looking at there & surroundings.

Going to be starting from scratch so any help/advice would be much appreciated although I obviously appreciate I need to put in a lot of hard work myself.

Welcome to the forum Dylan. You will find plenty of usual posts on here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hi and welcome Dylan Yorks..yeh i wouldnt bother...of course i am joking ...we all funny on here...how could you not like driving down a country lane, music blaring away,sun shining, on your way to your next job....using all your will power to pass the country pub...well it was full of old men...now if there had been a few nice women in there....

motivation is the key...you are the boss...and its easy to skive....loads of advice on here so read away and go for it...free as a bird...from one house to the next..and please let us all know how you get on.....
/emoticons/smile.png

Hi Dylan im a newbie, started in november, now getting a bit faster. Takes time just like learning any new job. One pal who is a window cleaner said just as a bit of encouragement is to get a thousand hours under your belt then you will do fine. might sound alot but im about half way there n see n feel the difference all ready, but still have alot to learn. all the best n enjoy:)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

gotta say....your never too old to learn...

i was doing a job for ages....when it suddenly dawned on me if i put my ladder another six inches over as i stepped onto the porch roof i could also reach the bathroom window....saves a climb...but why didnt i see that sooner...dohhhhh

Cheers for the welcome.

I'm thinking of going down the water fed pole method so need to read up on equipment & costs.

I've worked for myself before in the past & not scared of hard work & find motivation a lot easier to come by when I'm working for myself. I have plenty time to get things progressing as I currently work 3 on 3 off shifts.

I've worked in sales before so wouldn't be too daunted by canvassing although I'm still considering using canvassers to get things kick started.

dont forget you can buy a round if your lucky and its in your area...keep an eye on fleabay.../emoticons/smile.png

I have had a look on Ebay & Gumtree for anything nearby. The nearest I found was in Leeds. Obviously I'd expect to pay for an established round but some of the prices people were wanting was more than I'd have anticipated.

yes ive been having emails off rounds for sale off ebay for years and only one was nearby....i dont think you should have to pay more than four times but some people will push for higher prices...good luck anyway./emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back