Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Today was a joke, I even txt customers last night to saying bringing dry weather as was meant to be, woke up & was lashing it down eventually passed around 11.30 but was so cold ?

Today was a joke, I even txt customers last night to saying bringing dry weather as was meant to be, woke up & was lashing it down eventually passed around 11.30 but was so cold ?
Wow that's crazy, that's what it's normally like here but today was crazy in the opposite way... at around 13:00 I had to take my coat off because it was baking hot sunshine, I was actually starting to break into a sweat, it felt like it was a hot summers day... I'm sure it was probably a lot lower in temp but it felt really hot because it's been so cold for so long.

Wow that's crazy, that's what it's normally like here but today was crazy in the opposite way... at around 13:00 I had to take my coat off because it was baking hot sunshine, I was actually starting to break into a sweat, it felt like it was a hot summers day... I'm sure it was probably a lot lower in temp but it felt really hot because it's been so cold for so long.
Cold!!
It’s not cold
No snow
Shorts and T-shirt last couple of weeks
Just a bit wet every day

It's the dampness that can be make it feel cold especially with the winds we keep having which make temperature feel colder than it is

It was quite warm today, van was saying 12 deg C but I was sweating wearing a polo shirt and sweatshirt. I had to take off the sweatshirt, seems weird as it was only 12. Fingers crossed rest of the week stays nice and dry.

Just work in all but the worst of weather all year round....

Unless you like getting behind schedule and losing money.your choice.

I'd rather get wet and earn the money than have a day off

It definitely has been more overcast, but as for cold it's hardly been cold at all i have worked more than 25 years in window cleaning and done some hard winters by comparison it's tropical these days, probably had less than a handful of cold days all through Autumn and Winter

It definitely has been more overcast, but as for cold it's hardly been cold at all i have worked more than 25 years in window cleaning and done some hard winters by comparison it's tropical these days, probably had less than a handful of cold days all through Autumn and Winter
Worked trad in 2011 or whenever it was when was -13 one night
Worked in the blizzard next day lol

Worked trad in 2011 or whenever it was when was -13 one night
Worked in the blizzard next day lol
It was winter 2010-11 that was really rough when we had below -10c at times for weeks, had more snow in the years before and after just not temps as low I used to go up a ladder plenty through the winters it was run of the mill back then.

My problem has been travellin to work, the main road normally floods maybe 1 or 2 days a year, this year it's been flooded more like 1 or 2 days a week, and there's always drivers ignore it, their vehicles having to be towed out.

Its forecast to rain every day here in the North West for the rest of the week after a dry day today...ill just crack on.mainly commercial jobs tomorrow with a glass roof clean in the morning.the rain helps!??

Woke up to heavy rain yet again. Its been horrible for months. I'm honestly sick to death of this ******* job. **** wet thru and cold everyday. Wet and miserable cant stand it anymore I'm getting too old for this ****. I mean yeh I could have the day off but then you end up sacrificing s good day where you wanted to go do something enjoyable rather than sitting round the house cursing the weather.

Woke up to heavy rain yet again. Its been horrible for months. I'm honestly sick to death of this ******* job. **** wet thru and cold everyday. Wet and miserable cant stand it anymore I'm getting too old for this ****. I mean yeh I could have the day off but then you end up sacrificing s good day where you wanted to go do something enjoyable rather than sitting round the house cursing the weather.

Seriously Adam I'd sell up if I were you and do something different....

It's raining here too but it's just a bit of rain!

I've got 9 jobs to clean today....5 houses this morning(one with a glass roof)and 4 children's homes this afternoon.

9am start and I'll be finished for 230pm. £311-00 earned.ill be listening to music,radio or an audiobook and the day will be over before I know it!

It very rarely rains constantly all day but even if it does I'm only working 5 hours in the actual rain!I've got my waterproofs and 3 jackets to swap during the day when they get too wet!

I am just heading out
Rain all day
T-shirt will dry quick enough with heating on between jobs
Finished and then home in the dry
I don’t see an issue with rain

Seriously Adam I'd sell up if I were you and do something different....

It's raining here too but it's just a bit of rain!

I've got 9 jobs to clean today....5 houses this morning(one with a glass roof)and 4 children's homes this afternoon.

9am start and I'll be finished for 230pm. £311-00 earned.ill be listening to music,radio or an audiobook and the day will be over before I know it!

It very rarely rains constantly all day but even if it does I'm only working 5 hours in the actual rain!I've got my waterproofs and 3 jackets to swap during the day when they get too wet!

I can earn the same daz but it's not enough motivation for me to be enthusiastic. Not really arsed about the money anymore.

Back