Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer buying advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a GX270 (listed as 8.5hp) with a WW961 interpump. (Listed as 172 bar 15lpm)
It draws from a static tank, so i can't be too mobile with it. How many metres of hose could I use without a huge loss of pressure?

I don't mean the hose supplying it with water, I mean the high pressure hose attaching to the trigger
I've got a rapier 21lpm and 170 bar and I run 40 meter high pressure hose and its still full pressure

Mines 200 bar, 21 litre per minute, only up to 30 meters but that loses no power at all at that distance.

Thanks.

I was hoping that it would be possible. 30m should take me from the road into someone's back garden for a patio.

I might get a 20m and a couple of 10m.

To be honest I am going to get another 10-20m at some point, I normally manage to set up without having to move but it is sometimes tight.

To be honest I am going to get another 10-20m at some point, I normally manage to set up without having to move but it is sometimes tight.
I've got the 40 meter hose on a reel at the front of my washer only prob is it tips up really easy how do you store your hose

I've got the 40 meter hose on a reel at the front of my washer only prob is it tips up really easy how do you store your hose

I have 3 10m hoses on quick connectors, works well for me as then you can use whatever length you need, I just coil them up by hand in a big coil.

I use jetmac for my stuff now, he was brilliant with my washing set up, with a good price so I like to support businesses like that, not suggesting anyone else isn;t like that but Jetmac were so good with me no reason to try anyone else.

Don't go paying more than £50 delivered for twin wire hose! Malcleanse are bloody expensive because they buy most of their hose from dual pumps.

With high pressure hose you loose 0.1 bar per horizontal meter of hose so over 10m you loose 1 bar gross.

Don't go paying more than £50 delivered for twin wire hose! Malcleanse are bloody expensive because they buy most of their hose from dual pumps.
With high pressure hose you loose 0.1 bar per horizontal meter of hose so over 10m you loose 1 bar gross.
I haven't found any for less. Jetmac were £48 for 10 metres. My local hydraulic place were nearly £100 for 20 metres.

Where should I be looking?

Jetmac use to include single wire pw hose with their loncin pw packages that was shite. I bought a 3 month old loncin 14hp 3600 psi 15 lpm as new off a local lad and the hose blew but jetmac sent a replacement under warranty. All I had to do was pay for delivery which I thought was fare enough so far play to them.

I also got fed up with the quick connects failing on my pw hoses so now I use screw on connections instead with my other washer and just keep that loncin as a backup now

Again the BE style quick release couplings are not really fit for use on hose etc and were designed for lance jets initially, there's usually too much weight and movement on them, they are at the end of the day a quid odd a set to import....

Hose wise it ought to be two wire hose :sad: especially at 250 bar /emoticons/smile.png

And you can't beat screw couplings for reliability!

Back