Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer from Jetmac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CleanDeeper

Hey guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and new year?

I’ve been looking at getting a pressure washer for the “odd” job, only small drives and patios etc. I’ve done some research and I understand that the GX390 21 Lpm is a very good option but at over 2k it’s a lot for the odd job. I’ve also read that the Loncin 420 is a copy of the 390 engine and even though not as good seems to get ok reviews now my question is what is this one and why is it so cheap? It’s a Loncin 420 15Lpm but doesn’t have much info on the page. Is it the pump that’s cheap?

Would this be better than say picking up a GX200 second hand for like £600?

Also just to add I only have a Peugeot Partner 850 so have limited space and weight.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and new year?

I’ve been looking at getting a pressure washer for the “odd” job, only small drives and patios etc. I’ve done some research and I understand that the GX390 21 Lpm is a very good option but at over 2k it’s a lot for the odd job. I’ve also read that the Loncin 420 is a copy of the 390 engine and even though not as good seems to get ok reviews now my question is what is this one and why is it so cheap? It’s a Loncin 420 15Lpm but doesn’t have much info on the page. Is it the pump that’s cheap?

Would this be better than say picking up a GX200 second hand for like £600?

Also just to add I only have a Peugeot Partner 850 so have limited space and weight.

Thanks in advance
It’s a cheaper pump than the inter pumps and no reduction gearbox like the more expensive models it’s also 4000 psi so getting insurance for that might be difficult most don’t insure more than 3000 psi , but for doing the odd job would probably do you fine. I have never owned a Loncin engine but everyone I speak to that has they say they are good .

It’s a cheaper pump than the inter pumps and no reduction gearbox like the more expensive models it’s also 4000 psi so getting insurance for that might be difficult most don’t insure more than 3000 psi , but for doing the odd job would probably do you fine. I have never owned a Loncin engine but everyone I speak to that has they say they are good .

Thanks that’s what it’s missing then the reduction gearbox and possibly a cheaper pump. Although to buy the pump alone seems more expensive than the one included on the Rutland models not that it means much. Inter pump seems to be the better option, they do a Honda GX390 with Interpump WS 202 and reduction gearbox and 20m hose for £1814. Seems to be a good amount cheaper than Rutlands but that stainless frame looks worth a few quid they supply over the Jetmac.

I have the 15lpm 7hp Jetmac. Can’t fault it really and for odd jobs sure will do you fine. If I was doing it day in day out I’d be inclined to spend the extra for better after-sales back-up would be my only concern.

Thanks that’s what it’s missing then the reduction gearbox and possibly a cheaper pump. Although to buy the pump alone seems more expensive than the one included on the Rutland models not that it means much. Inter pump seems to be the better option, they do a Honda GX390 with Interpump WS 202 and reduction gearbox and 20m hose for £1814. Seems to be a good amount cheaper than Rutlands but that stainless frame looks worth a few quid they supply over the Jetmac.
Bear in mind with jet mac any issues and you have to sort return by pallet to Ireland that’s not cheap and takes longer to get a problem sorted out if you get a problem, and I think you are responsible for paying the postage . That’s what he told me years ago ,so I got mine from Ben at Rutland never had any problems and he keeps all serviceable items on the shelf that are sent out the same day

Bear in mind with jet mac any issues and you have to sort return by pallet to Ireland that’s not cheap and takes longer to get a problem sorted out if you get a problem, and I think you are responsible for paying the postage . That’s what he told me years ago ,so I got mine from Ben at Rutland never had any problems and he keeps all serviceable items on the shelf that are sent out the same day

That’s good advice actually, it’s easy to forget about after sales! The main reason I’m scared to buy second hand. You just don’t know what you’re buying! Part of me thinks for the amount I’ll be using it and the weight issues in the van to just buy an older model second hand. I did do a drive with a friends GX160 and it wasn’t a bad job tbf.

I don’t like second hand tools at all to be honest. Partly because most of them are nicked and I’ve been on the receiving end of having mine taken twice and partly because I don’t trust that anyone has looked after their gear like I do mine.

Buy new unless it’s from someone you know personally. I’ve only ever bought accessories from Rutland and found the service flawless. My Jetmac washer has been brilliant but you need to cross your fingers that you don’t need anything after you’ve purchased it. My two issues have been minor. First was on delivery as it was spewing water from a badly secured connector. Second it burst a dowty washer during a job after just 14 hours use and I had no spares. Both very minor but my frustration was that the chap at Jetmac couldn’t have been less interested. Wouldn’t answer the phone. Would only respond to messages. No real interest in helping get you sorted.

I’d buy one again for my situation just on price. But do so knowing that you’re on your own after that.

I don’t like second hand tools at all to be honest. Partly because most of them are nicked and I’ve been on the receiving end of having mine taken twice and partly because I don’t trust that anyone has looked after their gear like I do mine.

Buy new unless it’s from someone you know personally. I’ve only ever bought accessories from Rutland and found the service flawless. My Jetmac washer has been brilliant but you need to cross your fingers that you don’t need anything after you’ve purchased it. My two issues have been minor. First was on delivery as it was spewing water from a badly secured connector. Second it burst a dowty washer during a job after just 14 hours use and I had no spares. Both very minor but my frustration was that the chap at Jetmac couldn’t have been less interested. Wouldn’t answer the phone. Would only respond to messages. No real interest in helping get you sorted.

I’d buy one again for my situation just on price. But do so knowing that you’re on your own after that.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I did see someone selling a few of these and it did enter my mind that they could be stolen. I really do not want to buy any stolen gear!!!

I’ve also read about the lack of support from Jetmac too, which in all honesty has put me off now. I would love to buy one from a company like GVS who seem to have amazing after sales and just general brilliant customer service in general. I’m just not sure I want to spend so much on one not knowing how much I’ll use it. I’ll need to do a fair few job to get my investment back ?.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I did see someone selling a few of these and it did enter my mind that they could be stolen. I really do not want to buy any stolen gear!!!

I’ve also read about the lack of support from Jetmac too, which in all honesty has put me off now. I would love to buy one from a company like GVS who seem to have amazing after sales and just general brilliant customer service in general. I’m just not sure I want to spend so much on one not knowing how much I’ll use it. I’ll need to do a fair few job to get my investment back ?.
As good as GVS are sometimes their hands are tied by their suppliers, i.e if their supplier has 1 importing/repairing agent then GVS have to use those to carry out warranty repairs.
I would definitely trust GVS more than a company overseas - even though they are within the UK. Does Northern Ireland follow same distance seller laws etc?

Sometimes I do fancy getting a PW as I enjoy the results but then I watch some vids and remember all the required kit (buffer tanks, hoses, lances, fsc, brushes, buckets etc.) plus the slop to clear up and I think - no it's not for me. ?
I might get one of the Parkside PW from Aldi/Lidl for a couple of hundred £ and see how it goes.

As good as GVS are sometimes their hands are tied by their suppliers, i.e if their supplier has 1 importing/repairing agent then GVS have to use those to carry out warranty repairs.
I would definitely trust GVS more than a company overseas - even though they are within the UK. Does Northern Ireland follow same distance seller laws etc?

Sometimes I do fancy getting a PW as I enjoy the results but then I watch some vids and remember all the required kit (buffer tanks, hoses, lances, fsc, brushes, buckets etc.) plus the slop to clear up and I think - no it's not for me. ?
I might get one of the Parkside PW from Aldi/Lidl for a couple of hundred £ and see how it goes.

I’ve read this aldi one mentioned a few times, is it a genuine product or are people having a laugh lol. ???

Exit:

I’ve just done a Google search for the Parkside one and Lidl sold one which is strangely doing a ok job in this video ?

I think 95% of my window cleaning customers expect you just have a karcher. One customer has even offered to buy the karcher and pay me to do the clean ??

I’ve also found this Honda for just over £1500 which seems cheap when some are selling it as much as £2200 ?

However it doesn’t mention a hose or lance included ?

Last edited:
I’ve read this aldi one mentioned a few times, is it a genuine product or are people having a laugh lol. ???

Exit:

I’ve just done a Google search for the Parkside one and Lidl sold one which is strangely doing a ok job in this video ?

I think 95% of my window cleaning customers expect you just have a karcher. One customer has even offered to buy the karcher and pay me to do the clean ??

I’ve also found this Honda for just over £1500 which seems cheap when some are selling it as much as £2200 ?

However it doesn’t mention a hose or lance included ?

I was thinking about the Parkside petrol models. I have also seen this Parker 6.5hp 11l/min which is under £200! It's not going to be anywhere near as good as a 'commercial petrol pressure washer' but for the money it should be good for a good few jobs to see how it goes although it does say not for commercial use (they list that as hire or reward! Technically it's only 11l/min which you can legally connect to a tap without a buffer tank! Not sure if it can be used with a buffer tank.

To be honest I’d read the reviews and knew I was taking a punt if anything went wrong but for the difference in price I thought it was worth it. To be completely fair the chap at Jetmac has done nothing wrong. First fault was just needing nipping up. Second one just annoyed me because apart from not answering the phone when he clearly had it in his hand as he would answer messages and as much as he couldn’t do anything about it I would have liked his response to be oh I’m so sorry. I’ll chuck some washers in overnight post’, not ‘I’ve checked and you’ve had it for a year and a day so sort it yourself’. (I’m paraphrasing but not much ?). I can’t fault the gear. My pressure washing work is small. I bought the machine really just to clear up after landscaping jobs and I now mostly do a small number of jobs each season just for regular clients. It’s paid for itself many times over even just doing that. I’d love to do more but I’m so busy with other work that I’d be advertising for work that I’d then struggle to fit in. Shame as I really enjoy it and it’s easy money. If it broke tomorrow I’d probably still buy another one. Probably the 21lpm.

And there is a lot of kit as I soon learnt but it’s worth it. I used to do my jobs with a little Rockwood. Did great for the money and never let me down. So much nicer working with ‘proper’ kit though.

I was thinking about the Parkside petrol models. I have also seen this Parker 6.5hp 11l/min which is under £200! It's not going to be anywhere near as good as a 'commercial petrol pressure washer' but for the money it should be good for a good few jobs to see how it goes although it does say not for commercial use (they list that as hire or reward! Technically it's only 11l/min which you can legally connect to a tap without a buffer tank! Not sure if it can be used with a buffer tank.
Bloody hell that’s crazy cheap! Do you know anyone that’s used one?

Probably much like my Rocwood I’d imagine. The cheap Chinese stuff gets a lot of flak but I can’t fault mine. It’s noisy, shakes so much the first thing you need to do is put spring washers on everything or it’ll dismantle itself and you need to learn how your machine likes to start. The poor reviews you read I think are generally people who think they can spend £200 and get a flawless bit of engineering. Just not going to happen. I’ve had a couple of Parker brand garden equipment petrol bits. Still running fine and dirt cheap. I’ve got some Stihl stuff also. It’s nicer but is it so much nicer for the price difference? Probably not. Mate of mine has that Parker Brand pressure washer. Happy with it but it wouldn’t run an FSC. Not sure if it doesn’t perform to the spec claimed or user error as my Rocwood one runs a 15” one no problem.

Having had quite a bit of cheap petrol stuff in hindsight if it’s part of their range id probably buy from SGS or Wolf. Service from both has been superb. It’s still cheap Chinese stuff but with decent UK based back-up.

I do. See reply above. He’s perfect happy with it as a step up from an off-brand electric one. The fact that it may not run an FSC would make me think twice though I suspect he’s at fault. ?
Thanks I’ll look into the brands you mention above to see if they offer anything better.

Loncin engines are fantastic I’ve had no issues with mine since 2020 even if it’s for the odd job it’s always best to get the best you can afford Rutland pumps are great depending on what area you live staying local is a good choice in case anything goes wrong my next pw will be from my local shop Bladeright in summer set as it’s only 50 minutes away

Loncin engines are fantastic I’ve had no issues with mine since 2020 even if it’s for the odd job it’s always best to get the best you can afford Rutland pumps are great depending on what area you live staying local is a good choice in case anything goes wrong my next pw will be from my local shop Bladeright in summer set as it’s only 50 minutes away

Thanks I’m in the North West so will look who is local to me.

Trying to do some more research on these pressure washers and I’ve come across these Kiam ones, they do this 15Lpm one:

and they also do it in a 21Lpm model:

It says they are Loncin engines but I can’t seem to find out which model etc.

I’m thinking if I was to take a punt on a cheaper model to get me started this company is only 30mins drive away from me so would better after sales if I had any issues with the machine.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Latest Posts

Back