Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Total Equipment!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

Wheatie

As I'm starting up in December once I leave the Army I'm trying to get ahead of the game with a kit list for WFP.

But for a van mount, and the size of the tank from 350ltrs - 400ltrs I need a full list from frush to tank so I can price it up and know exactly what I need and to put it in my planning!

A list of equipment would be great, I would like Gardnier poles as I have heard they are the best on the market!

Kind regards

Mate, do some research into 'be the boss' funded by the legion. Set up for ex squaddies who set up their own business

i have done be the boss but think you may get resettlement package,that should teach you how to make system if you find a course ,

I did mate its utter rubbish, I loads of people who have tried! It's for officers!

There's no course about the window cleaning service. Only thing close is build your own company etc etc.

There's no course about the window cleaning service. Only thing close is build your own company etc etc.

They only find courses with your ELCAS that's only level 3. The course people provide are in house or The guys on here Level 1 & 2. So if anyone could keep on the subject of my main topic for for a kit list please.

Cheers

wheatie you are starting in december but your on here everyday planning everything and you seem very keen

you remind me of myself /emoticons/smile.png i used to come on here 3 months before i started everyday and i used to make posts just like u..

ill tell u 1 thing mate... waht your doing keep doing it.... cos all this info your learning from this forum is very handy for when u start up /emoticons/wink.png

what van are u getting wheatie mate ?

i got a 350 litre tank with 5x 25litre containers

i onl fill the 5 containers on busy days when i may need extra water /emoticons/smile.png

Get yourself a tds meter £15 ish on eBay

You will then know wether you need di/ro set up

..Tank.. Tap for tank.. However your going to secure the tank

..Pump/ controller

..Battery

..Split charge relay (recommended) / or a battery charger

.. Hose reel / 100m 8mm hose.. Microbore Tap for end of hose ( you can buy complete kit with connection for end of pole hose )

... Spare microbore fittings

... O rings & pliers

... Hose cutter

... I use a med/soft mix dual trim gardiners brush.. I have a med/stiff mix and a stiff.. Didn't fancy them too much..

Many thanks everyone!!!!! I know i seem aliittle keen but i feel if i get a head start im only increasing my chances of making a living and a valuable company one day. A few people have told me such things as: tbere is no money.in this, how can you make a living? Are you joking a window cleaner!!! But i dont believe these people to have any future them selfs! This im am set out to prove them wrong and enjoy my new job and life!

A wise man one said "Don't take financial advice from someone with no money." my mates look down on me for cleaning windows. The truth is they work 8 hours a day for about £50-£100. I can earn £50 in 2-3 hours. Admitedly I'm not working full time but I'm picking about 2 jobs up per week averaging about £15 and I've just started a big leafleting campaign so the phone should start getting busier. I don't need to go and beg anyone for a 50p an hour pay rise I get off my ass and go and find it.

Colley614 thats brill! I have noticed a few people sorta say.... Window Cleaning, why tho?

But thats there opnion!

I get it all the time, why window cleaning i say because it's good money, and they never seem to belive you, just today I worked for 2 hours and got £120 that's £1 per minute, how good is that.

Paul thats brill!!!!! I well hope i get days like that!
You will do mate i was going for a month when i landed my first commercial and i was on a nice £32 an hr !!!

Try getting that in another trade after 4 weeks

I have been going for around 3 months and im averaging £20 an hr trad ,people started laughing at me saying why do you want

To go cleaning windows ? I just laughed and said it's something easy for me to do while recovering from being ill lol .

When people ask 'window cleaning' I reply. Because in a couple of years I'll be sat in an office playing solitaire while people do my work for me and it's all down to the extra effort and hard work I put into getting it up and running.

£20 an hour. 6 hours= £600 per week. I know what I'd rather do. It's boring sometimes but gives me a good life. Let them mock lol.

Many thanks everyone!!!!! I know i seem aliittle keen but i feel if i get a head start im only increasing my chances of making a living and a valuable company one day. A few people have told me such things as: tbere is no money.in this, how can you make a living? Are you joking a window cleaner!!! But i dont believe these people to have any future them selfs! This im am set out to prove them wrong and enjoy my new job and life!
People said the same to me ... my family etc put me down saying huh /emoticons/wacko.png

And now im doing well for 3 months and 20 days of starting /emoticons/smile.png

im not where i want to be yet... but im like half way their ! and in febraury time i should be making very good money from this /emoticons/smile.png i will of hit my target in february/march easily /emoticons/tongue.png

Back