Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing different schedules (sorry)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DansClearView

Hi all, hope you are well.

Sorry to bore you with another pricing thread but I couldn't seem to find a specific answer, nor do I have hours to spend sifting through.

I'm curious how people price their different schedules.

Been going 5 month and have got customers on 1 month, 6 wks, 2 months, 3 months (mostly 2 months). I find if I price a job people tend to go 2 months over monthly. I'm ok with this as it's different houses every month, a bit of variety.

But say I price one job at £15 (the level of dirt wouldn't necessarily vary between 1 & 2 months), what you folks suggest for 6wk, 2 month pricing?

Thank you

I price 4 weekly and 6 weekly the same but most of my work is 6 weekly. I f they want 8 or 12 weeks then it's 1.3 x the 6 weekly price.
That said, If you can don't offer different frequencies. As I am getting towards full the odd 4 and 12 weekly are a pain as some weeks you have more work on some days depending on if it's week 4, 6 or 8 if you get what I mean. I have switched to only 6 weekly for new customers.
Personally I would say do your utmost best to offer a fixed number of weeks - I suggest 6 as it's a good compromise between 4 weekly where you could show up twice in a customers pay month and windows being easy to clean. Plus you only need 50% more customers to do 6 weekly, which gives you more customers to offer addons to than 4 weekly would.

I would really cut down on the frequencies you offer.

Personally I do monthly or bi-monthly (every two months). I add at minimum £5 onto the price for bi-monthly. So a £15 job monthly will be £20 bi-monthly. This covers the extra time, but 9/10 there is no extra time so it’s just extra in your pocket. At around the £50 mark I increase to £10 extra for bi-monthly. So £50 monthly or £60 bi-monthly.

Anything less frequent than that, charge as a one off clean. If it’s a small enough flat then you can maybe discount subsequent visits a bit, but only if you are confident they aren’t going to be that dirty.

At around the £50 mark I increase to £10 extra for bi-monthly. So £50 monthly or £60 bi-monthly
I think that's just too low I was charging 50% 10 years ago, a customer asked yesterday to go 8 weekly he is currently paying £28 I told him it would be £40 once every 8 weeks he said he would get back to me, he'll either agree or not or might have to sell one his Teslas

I think that's just too low I was charging 50% 10 years ago, a customer asked yesterday to go 8 weekly he is currently paying £28 I told him it would be £40 once every 8 weeks he said he would get back to me, he'll either agree or not or might have to sell one his Teslas
This very much depends where the house is situated. If they are set back off the road, away from the sea, overhanging trees etc, they won't take any longer to do.
The majority of our work is 3 monthly and a majority are still clean and apart from a slightly dirty sill probably don't "need" to be cleaned.
There are some which have lots of spiders so do take a little longer.

This very much depends where the house is situated. If they are set back off the road, away from the sea, overhanging trees etc, they won't take any longer to do.
The majority of our work is 3 monthly and a majority are still clean and apart from a slightly dirty sill probably don't "need" to be cleaned.
There are some which have lots of spiders so do take a little longer.
I agree in terms of cleanliness overall, but I like to keep people on 4 weekly ideally also if a job like the one yesterday takes an extra 10 minutes let's say as it would to me then I want paying the extra as I could earn an extra tenner on a 2-bed house round the corner,

The customer want to save 50% of their annual bill but I don't want to lose 50%of that income because they don't want them cleaning as often so I want it halfway either way it's beneficial to both parties but probably more so me ?

I found if I offered the same i:e £12 every 4 or 8 weeks at least 80% of them would go for 8 weekly.

If I then offered £12 4 weekly or £15 8 weekly I got a more even split and maybe even a preference for 4 weekly.

If you price more for 8 weekly it's a win win either way. Either you gain a higher price or a more frequent job.

Yeah you might be right. I’ll say I don’t have many at that price so I haven’t really had to deal with it. Most of mine max at around £30 mark. I actively push customers to go bi-monthly as it’s more lucrative for me and I find almost all of them don’t require extra work. However I appreciate it depends on the area. We have a lot of rain and wind, but we’re not near the sea, for example.

At the weekend I found out he didn't want to sell one of his Teslas so he dropped me instead.

Latest Posts

Back