Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would This Be Any Good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AshleyW

ATN Window cleaning
Starting to get everything together now. vans running perfect, System is working as it should, Finally got the singwriting on. The only thing letting it down is the sure flow controller and the pole I have at the moment but that will all be changed soon.

What I was wondering is if this pole and brush would be any good for first cleans and needs to be quite long for a office building.

It's a Gardiner CLX27 Carbon Composite Pole

And if there's any other adapters, brushes that would be better or if pencil jet is better then fan jet

sorry if something has been posted like this before did try look first before posting cheers.

View attachment 7415

go for the gardiner slx 30 or 35 lot better than the clx if funds allow superlite medium mixed brush,pencil jets,quick lock fittings and ez snap tail

agree with @blaze get the longest & best you can afford eg slx, you can always take sections off if not needed, but the clx 27 is still good, brushes i'd say start with a cill brush or an ultimate brush, jets you need to try yourself everyone likes different, i use fans but lots. prefer pencil. also personal preference i would get the long swivel gooseneck

The CL-X is a nice pole If you're only using it fully extended occasionally.

If you're going to be using it fully extended a lot and your budget can stretch to it I'd go for a carbon (SL-X or equivalent) pole. They are more rigid and require less effort to operate. The CL-X is a lot more whippy fully extended.

Brushes and jets are very much a personal preference I find when reading the forums. As I have quite a few leaded Windows on my round I like a flocked brush. As for jets I fitted both on the same brush with a John guest fitting on each for quick change over and tried both. My favourite are fans.

This is my experience anyway.

Best wishes AshleyW

Cheers guys I recon it will be extended quite a lot so if the SLX is better I'll do that the brush is for every day use as my one i got with the van isn't in best condition but the brush on it is brand new nearly with pencil jet so that's why I was thinking fans just to see what there all about ez snap tail I'll more and likely get I'll have a look and see what I find thanks again guys

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Used a CLX for a year or so its been absolutely spot on for us, if you can stretch to SLX I am sure its a better pole, but what sort of height are you needing? the wife has a small CLX she uses all day two days a week for normal domestic, its plenty light enough for a girl I am sure its light enough for a man.

Ive been using a CLX27 since October and it's a good pole , but as people have mentioned it can be a bit whippy the higher you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm sure I can just about stretch for a SLX pole and I'm looking for just something taller then 15 foot as that's what I've got at the moment and when I went to clean my sisters Windows it wouldn't reach the top floor ( two story's ) as it is quite high houses in that area so I don't know really

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

If you are doing 3 story stuff a lot then get an SLX, I only have to do a 3 story maybe once a day so a CLX is absolutely fine for me, all my work is domestic, I don't do big industrial high reach stuff, for that CLX is more than fine.

Latest Posts

Back