Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brushes!!!!! Again!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

Ok so today i finally gave up with my extreme mixed, it just seems to of lost its cleaning power. i spoke to richard from tecbuk yesterday about his hybrids and sounds interesting but i think i am to used to the lightness of the extremes.

So i had a rummage around in the parts bin.........ah ha......found a brand new extreme medium, what a good do. I had completely forgot about this brush. So fitted it and what a bloody difference, it just demolishes all the stuff i've been struggling with, loads of bits of grass cuttings stuck on, bird strikes etc and feels twice as stiff on the glass.

Its as if the bristles are sharper and stiffer, how long should they last the extreme's? I know they are light weights but i have used this one for ages, and by the feel of it compared to the new one way too long, the black bristles are pretty bent on one side but the white ones look fine. Also do you throw your old brushes away? Not sure if i can bring myself to do it lol

So ordered two new brushes after work, went for an extreme superlight soft flocked hybrid and a superlight extreme medium mixed hybrid, let me know what you reckon to them if you have used them.

Tuffers you have the soft flocked dont ya? How you getting on with it?

Gonna be catching up with you at this rate lol

I have a

proclean.......unused its rubbish and weighs a ton and marks the frames and sills

2 mixed medium sill brushes.......only used for soffits, fascias and cladding, bloody brilliant

2 extreme superlight mixed medium......used everyday, fantastic brushes but one is going in the bin

Then the 2 new ones winging their way to me, so 6 brushes for 2 poles hahaha brilliant!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I like using my new sally sill stiff bristle brush as found it great for cleaning grotty upvc window frames without having to keep adjusting the angle adapter. Works well on gutters & fascias too but I'm not so sure about the wide fan jets though.

To bring a bit of extra working life to old brushes, I just cut the bristles down in length, seems to make them stiffer.

I tend to use them on really dirty/mossy first cleans on cony roofs/shop-front-canopies.

There is a life expectancy on all brushes. With time the tips of each bristle will become pointed and therefore be less effective at cleaning. As a guide I would expect a brush to need changing after the following times:

Super-Lite DT Life-Expectancy 6 -12 months

Super-Lite Radius-Sill Brush Life-Expectancy 4 - 8 months

Xtreme Brush Life-Expectancy 2 - 5 months

To bring a bit of extra working life to old brushes, I just cut the bristles down in length, seems to make them stiffer.I tend to use them on really dirty/mossy first cleans on cony roofs/shop-front-canopies.
Bingo, how do you cut them? I tried on an old sill brush and i couldn't get them the same length and gave up after 3 or 4 sets of bristles cause it would take for ever lol

There is a life expectancy on all brushes. With time the tips of each bristle will become pointed and therefore be less effective at cleaning. As a guide I would expect a brush to need changing after the following times:
Super-Lite DT Life-Expectancy 6 -12 months

Super-Lite Radius-Sill Brush Life-Expectancy 4 - 8 months

Xtreme Brush Life-Expectancy 2 - 5 months
That would explain why my super-lite dt was taking so long to remove stubborn stuff, it must be over a year old at least.

Say thanks to emma for me, she was most helpful on the phone the other day.

Cant wait to try the new brushes

Got my new brushes today.....cant wait to have a go with them.

Alex what is the difference between the blue bristles on the super-lite soft flocked hybrid and the super-lite medium hybrid? The medium's blue bristles are uniform and each bristle is wavy whereas the soft flocked blue bristles are quite splayed and random looking in comparison.

Also the medium hybrid has a big gap in the blue bristles where the jets are and the soft flocked jets look buried amongst the blue bristles.

@Alex Gardiner question for you

Alex what is the difference between the blue bristles on the super-lite soft flocked hybrid and the super-lite medium hybrid? The medium's blue bristles are uniform and each bristle is wavy whereas the soft flocked blue bristles are quite splayed and random looking in comparison.

Also the medium hybrid has a big gap in the blue bristles where the jets are and the soft flocked jets look buried amongst the blue bristles.

How would alex be able to make such a thing tuffers as some domestic consevatories are 3 m and others are 5 -6 m deep to get to the windows above.

That's one good reason why I use an angle adaptor and if need be a carbon extention still.

Tuffers, i must of caught your bug for collecting brushes!! Just ordered a wide super-lite medium mixed along with bumpers for the other two new brushes and a set of wide fan and narrow fan just for experimentation!!!

Got thinking that most of my windows are quite big, and noticed when swapping to and fro between my extreme's to sill that its noticeable how many more strokes a sill requires to cover the surface area and thought sod it i'll try a 350mm, i'll report back once i have used it

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one good reason why I use an angle adaptor and if need be a carbon extention still.
Me too Smurf.....goose neck and angle adapter on the end :thumbsup:....are we good or wot /emoticons/biggrin.png.

How would alex be able to make such a thing tuffers as some domestic consevatories are 3 m and others are 5 -6 m deep to get to the windows above.
Do you have a 55 degree carbon gooseneck? Have you tried using one over a conservatory/extension? You can get the brush on the glass, but not square on. That is why I asked if he could come up with one with an angle to get the brush square on, or am I asking too much?

No I don't use goosenecks at all tuffers as they have a fixed angle which is no good for the type of work I do.

Do you have a 55 degree carbon gooseneck? Have you tried using one over a conservatory/extension? You can get the brush on the glass, but not square on. That is why I asked if he could come up with one with an angle to get the brush square on, or am I asking too much?

The bristles are both the same material. The medium has a more spaced bristle pattern though.

Next alex we will be needing a batman type utility belt to attach all the gizmos we need to carry about to save going back and forth to the van :rolleyes:

Bingo, how do you cut them? I tried on an old sill brush and i couldn't get them the same length and gave up after 3 or 4 sets of bristles cause it would take for ever lol

Sorry for the late reply....only just noticed :oops:.

I just cut them with a sharp scissors, some are shorter than others but doesn't matter when in use :thumbsup:.

May not look nice with uneven bristles...........

But I like my scrubbers to look rough and make me happy :love: :rofl:.

Back