Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Purchasing a new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Been asked before but cant find in search bar.
When you buy your new or newish van how do you compare monthly payments you are making to buying second hand. one off payment. What made you buy new rather than lower priced second hand
looking into buying something decent thats going to last my latter years hopefully to sell on when finished 7/10 years to own

Last edited:
For me it was simple. I didn’t have the capital to buy a good quality van cash. But I could easily afford it spread over a 5 year term. Also, rates were historically low, so what I’ve paid in interest has been worth it to keep me on the road. Unfortunately no longer the case. But it’s different for everyone.

Been asked before but cant find in search bar.
When you buy your new or newish van how do you compare monthly payments you are making to buying second hand. one off payment. What made you buy new rather than lower priced second hand
looking into buying something decent thats going to last my latter years hopefully to sell on when finished 7/10 years to own
I've been looking at a year old van at £35k plus vat. I am noticing more vans coming back to dealers that are a year old. I think this will continue to increase because more companies are struggling financially and are going bust. The days of easy credit is over so I'm not rushing into buying.

I've been looking at a year old van at £35k plus vat. I am noticing more vans coming back to dealers that are a year old. I think this will continue to increase because more companies are struggling financially and are going bust. The days of easy credit is over so I'm not rushing into buying.
£35k + VAT is RS3 money ? Buy a decent midsized van and spend the rest on something fast ?

£35k + VAT is RS3 money ? Buy a decent midsized van and spend the rest on something fast ?
I'm 57 not 27. I once drove a sierra cosworth and realised its not for me. I will take a big van anytime because it makes money. VW Crafter lwb looks like my next van if I can save some money. Left Checkatrade today so another £30 saved and now down to £60 a month for wee buddy book which could be gone soon. ?

I'm 57 not 27. I once drove a sierra cosworth and realised its not for me. I will take a big van anytime because it makes money. VW Crafter lwb looks like my next van if I can save some money. Left Checkatrade today so another £30 saved and now down to £60 a month for wee buddy book which could be gone soon. ?
any savings are great . i have a driveway but only for a SWB Van . Lots of vans around £3 / £6+ grand hopefully 1 owner looked after.

Been looking lots out there . its picking the right one . Hopefully i wont have to be in a rush. looking for a 2 sided door as van faces drivers side on driveway. Easy to fill water tank this way straight into van on drivers side. So dispatch vito etc . Looking for that 1 owner with full service haha

£35K+vat way out of my price range
Take a loan in bank and use it for the van purchase. You own the van, you can fit the machine in .. the next thing is, you can repay the bank loan anytime, anyhow. For 8-9k you can have LWB ford connect. I bought my one with 80k miles, now I have 115k. No single issue, I own the van since the day 1 and loan from the bank for 3 years has been paid after 17 months fully. I just focused to pay it out.

Take a loan in bank and use it for the van purchase. You own the van, you can fit the machine in .. the next thing is, you can repay the bank loan anytime, anyhow. For 8-9k you can have LWB ford connect. I bought my one with 80k miles, now I have 115k. No single issue, I own the van since the day 1 and loan from the bank for 3 years has been paid after 17 months fully. I just focused to pay it out.
what size tank can you put in these vans

Had an issue with my Dispatch. Clunking down the wheel area when turning Steering wheel left or right . Didnt effect the driving but was worried of the noise. sounded like metal grinding on metal
One Garage had on the ramp good inspection. he says its your Power Steering you have a fluid leak causing this.
Says its a full days job as may not be easy accesable. They were too busy to do it he says

2nd Garage says the same maybe because i mentioned it.
May be power steering Pump not working also.
Power Steering Rack out of stock to order.

3rd Garage i got recomended I did not mention power steering. Let him look Clunking when turning steering wheel 2 more mechanics join him Scratching there heads. Anti Roll Bar Links either side. £129
Dropped off at 8.30 Phoned at 9.45 all done

Drives perfect now.

It takes a while to find the Garage you can trust

Had an issue with my Dispatch. Clunking down the wheel area when turning Steering wheel left or right . Didnt effect the driving but was worried of the noise. sounded like metal grinding on metal
One Garage had on the ramp good inspection. he says its your Power Steering you have a fluid leak causing this.
Says its a full days job as may not be easy accesable. They were too busy to do it he says

2nd Garage says the same maybe because i mentioned it.
May be power steering Pump not working also.
Power Steering Rack out of stock to order.

3rd Garage i got recomended I did not mention power steering. Let him look Clunking when turning steering wheel 2 more mechanics join him Scratching there heads. Anti Roll Bar Links either side. £129
Dropped off at 8.30 Phoned at 9.45 all done

Drives perfect now.

It takes a while to find the Garage you can trust
For sure mate! Good mechanics can be so hard to come by!

I’ve had a similar issue to you on my Expert, though only on the left when turning and only over uneven roads. In for its service & told them of the issue. Called to say it’s a ball joint that needs replacing. Not an expensive part but can take a bit of work to get the old one free. Unfortunately like you they can’t do if straight away, needs to go back in.

If you keep a van for over 10 years then one begins to know things. My power steering pump was leaking and I needed a new one fitted. My mate the mechanic used an inch long torx fitting and slipped a spanner on it and managed to unbolt the pump. Fitted the new one the same way and total time was less than an hour. He said dealers would strip the radiator out to get access and charge a fortune. Lucky he is a mate and can do the tricky stuff for me. If I hear something that sounds not right with my van then I'm straight on Google then Utube to see if its a common issue or someone has posted a video about it. ?

What year old van was 35 plus vat ?

Would go for nearly new maybe ex demo with what ever make was offering the longest warranty.

Probably a Toyota at the moment?

Latest Posts

Back