Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gotta clean this little one

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No probs at all. It's nice to try and gove something back if I can as I've learnt a hell of a lot from this forum and we're all in the same boat :)

yes I did listen to the blue one when I read his posts but with you saying it as well...its now sunk in...

but obvious proviso of being very careful

FRANK AINT GOING NEAR IT.../emoticons/biggrin.png

now if I could just bookmark this page for future reference...gav..wheres ma save button..?

yes I do remember that customer who had me bleach the black wheelie bin...cost me my favorite trakky bottoms...all spotty now...

HYPO IS GREAT STUFF

spray it on bad powerwasghing jobs and it come of so so easy

looks good on building but i find it hard to belive all u do is wet the wall spray on leave a wile then wash off ?? ive seen others on fb using brush just to help it along @BenjiRixon

@ 10-1 mix it burns the skin if not washed off. Both the pics above that's exactly what I've done, you can even see where the custie had a crack at power washing it off and thought feck that!

No need to use a brush and I wouldn't wanna wreck my brush trying. Water the wall

First, spray all

Over evenly, rinse off and apply again if needed. Simples ;-)

i agree that a soft wash for algae would not need a brush but when you get lichens or red moss or a black mould then i use an old vikan brush and if the hypo dosent shift it then i use algoclear . make sure when using hypo to keep it well away from any lead flashing because iit will turn it a brown colour and dont let it dry out on glass because it will etch it and is near impossible to get off , also pre wet any grass plants etc and rinse when your finished

Whatho fellows one and all. I am new to these pages but have been stalking themfor the past month trying to absorb the sage advice and counsel. You chaps and chapatis positively know your onions. I am agog.

Anyway, this particular thread has proved too much for me and here I am leaping in to ask questions. Tally ho and all that.

Firstly, I have often wondered about hypochlorite. I am aware that it is the bees knees when it comes to chivvying the dirt and grime off a surface, but how does one go about preventing overspray? I mean to say, I would be a spot uncomfortable saying to a customer "Lo! Here is your wall gleaming as the day it was first painted ... but I am afraid that I have converted both yours and your neighbours gardens look as if Hannibal and his elephants have laid waste to them and a passerby may well have lost vision in one eye."

What are the precautions one must take, say on a high street or terraced row?

Secondly, what of this "AlgoClear" stuff? I have heard rumours of it in the corridors and alleys, but the whisper goes around, "is the substance any good? Does it deliver the goods?"

I would much appreciate more of the Window Cleaners Comradeship's enlightenment on these matters if it is not too much bother.

Pleasure to finally step out into the light. I hope I may be able to contribute something in the future, even if it is the role of encouragement from the sidelines.

Whatho fellows one and all. I am new to these pages but have been stalking themfor the past month trying to absorb the sage advice and counsel. You chaps and chapatis positively know your onions. I am agog.
Anyway, this particular thread has proved too much for me and here I am leaping in to ask questions. Tally ho and all that.

Firstly, I have often wondered about hypochlorite. I am aware that it is the bees knees when it comes to chivvying the dirt and grime off a surface, but how does one go about preventing overspray? I mean to say, I would be a spot uncomfortable saying to a customer "Lo! Here is your wall gleaming as the day it was first painted ... but I am afraid that I have converted both yours and your neighbours gardens look as if Hannibal and his elephants have laid waste to them and a passerby may well have lost vision in one eye."

What are the precautions one must take, say on a high street or terraced row?

Secondly, what of this "AlgoClear" stuff? I have heard rumours of it in the corridors and alleys, but the whisper goes around, "is the substance any good? Does it deliver the goods?"

I would much appreciate more of the Window Cleaners Comradeship's enlightenment on these matters if it is not too much bother.

Pleasure to finally step out into the light. I hope I may be able to contribute something in the future, even if it is the role of encouragement from the sidelines.
Welcome @Goose old chap :thumbsup:

Hypo used right is amazing stuff I've done concrete drives with it comes up like new without pressure washing

Neil this is route id go just make sure wet everything down well and careful were you spray!

I would never use pressure washer on rendered walls one loose section and you will blow it right off

Back