Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommend a generator for cyclone ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Could anyone recommend a generator to use alongside my Kiam Cyclone 3600w gutter vac please ? I’ve looked at previous posts but still not sure what one I need ??‍♂️

5 Kva minimum i would guess, they aint cheap i want one for mine but best part of a grand i keep putting it off lol
The trouble is that they aren't the most portable. Someone once permanently fitted one into his LWB van with an exhaust that exited the van though the floor. The funny thing was that although it gave him the freedom to operate a vacuum cleaner when there was no one in, 99% of the time he used the customer's power anyway.

Why not ask the supplier?
I have asked a supplier from a local shop to me and he said generators don’t really like 3600w gutter vacs and recommend running it only on two motors not all three he then also suggested I go onto a forum and ask what other people use.
5 Kva minimum i would guess, they aint cheap i want one for mine but best part of a grand i keep putting it off lol
and bloody heavy as well !

I have asked a supplier from a local shop to me and he said generators don’t really like 3600w gutter vacs and recommend running it only on two motors not all three he then also suggested I go onto a forum and ask what other people use.

and bloody heavy as well !

It could well be the a 5kva generator doesn't actually deliver 5kva either. Years back we used to subtract 10% to allow for the difference. We lived at 6000 feet above sea level. Cooling was the main reason as the air is less dense by 20%.

Personally I would have offered a 6kva as a better option. The problem is that quality is not what it used to be as everything is manufactured around price. So the copper winding will not top notch on cheaper generators imho.

I bought a 8Kva generator years ago for my Vac but now I just use the customers supply. Looks like its doubled in price. Generators are like vans, the moment you take delivery you wish you had bought a bigger one. ?

Back