Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I Modify A Clx Like This

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

Just a quick question for all that have them, I'm still looking at buying a decent pole that will reach 3rd floor and most know I'm using the diy pressure pump. Problem is I'm using 12.5mm hose as it gives me the best output any lower and pressure drops.

What I've done is take out a rectangular notch approx 3inches by half inch out of end of my Harris instead of drilling a hole so I can put my Y piece on end of hose epoxy it and have that poking out pole (it's the only way I can do it) when the pole end is put back and epoxied in the Harris is still plenty strong enough and rigid.

You lads know how strong the clx is so with that much taken out, if the pole end is epoxied back in will it be strong enough like the Harris. I just don't want to fork out that cash for it to be too weakened and need a longer lighter pole.

I'm thinking of using one of Richards Tecbuk aliminium end for added strength by the way.

12.5mm hose is HEAVY, especially when full of water!! There's no point having a nice pole & doubling the weight of it like that.

are going to have to look at smaller pipe
Been looking for some with no more than 13mm outside diameter but 10mm inside, or look at another pole.
For those asking I need the wider diameter for a reason, I need to keep pressure and thin hose doesn't work. I don't want to buy a pump and I have 12.5mm through Harris and it isn't too heavy, thats coming from me at 5 foot 4 lol. I only want to go 3rd floor max but if I ever go higher I'll look at a more conventional method.

Cheers for the pics as well Mark, 13mm would be very tight ya right.

I have thought about giving it a try to see if I've still got enough pressure with 8mm, now I've taken off the trigger which was restricting it more than I thought it might just work. Like I've said I only want it for up to 3 storeys so weights not that big an issue especially if I can use the lighter clx. I did over a couple of connies with the coiled hose on and it was a little heavy but not too bad and I've halfed the weight of hose and water by going up to 12.5mm and putting it through the pole.

I'm gonna shop around a bit see what I can get that's no more than 13mm outside diameter but for the work I got at the moment I won't need it so can afford to spare a bit more time sorting it out.

Cheers for the replies chaps it's appreciated.

Ian

Back