Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole hose in or out!!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

im trying my pole hose on the out side of the pole to morrow does any one eals do this i usly have it in side but i keep geting grit an sand jamming up the pole on wet days grrrr so think this will solve that an prolong the life of the sections:)

Tench, are you using an AD too?

You wont last 10 mins mate with it on the outside lol, it will drive you mental

Try this one too bud it will help, get a decent sponge, cut it down so its at least 4-6 inch long, then using something long and roughly the same diameter as the pipe and skewer it like a sheesh keebab.

Then squeeze it up in the base of your pole, then feed the pipe back up through it and back up to the brush, this then will get most of the **** off the pipe as it slides through, the only problem with this though is your pole wont fully collapse but if cut the sponge down to say 2 inch then it should collapse pretty much

good tip m8 im using a aquatap at the minit as my aquadapter is leaking water down the pipe grrrrrrr im guna give it a bash to morrow c how it is:)

im trying my pole hose on the out side of the pole to morrow does any one eals do this i usly have it in side but i keep geting grit an sand jamming up the pole on wet days grrrr so think this will solve that an prolong the life of the sections:)
When the hose picks up grass cuttings etc, I run a cloth along the pole hose when finished. I also reel in feeding the hose through a cloth.

well it lasted 1 pain of glass lol then i chucked it bk in the van an got my facelift pole out i think a ring on the bottom section could wrk tho with a stiff hose like the gardener yellow i may try an diy it soon

I can only see it being advantageous if you do commercial buildings with swathes of glass per side & you want to keep taking off sections as you work downwards. On residential properties it's going to get snagged on Sky dishes, hanging baskets, trees/shrubs etc

I have no real issues with the pole hose running on the outside of my poles.

Just takes getting use to thats all and yes is great for removing/adding sections too.

drifting slightly off thread....sometimes you just have to try things to see if they work for you..

..i wanted to take big norris out, my 18 inch applicator/blade and so i put that boab on and of course my normal 12 inch in another boab....with three pockets as well it was a bit cluttered up....anyway i kept getting a wet elbow as of course big norris kept catching me... anyway although i liked using it on the patio doors i looked at the time and there wasn't much difference so i gave up and left it in my car...

but next time i was determined not to give up and by moving big norris to the front my elbow didnt get caught.....any way window cleaning evolves like everything and so i now just have big norris and leave my normal boab 12 inch in the car and it seems to be working...not quite got the knack of blading the smaller windows without leaving a crossover mark but i am determined i will eventually...still a quick scrim removes that problem....so to end my little tale....perseverance is worth it.../emoticons/smile.png

bigger is better they say... it's not the size that counts but how you use it:D

[media]

[/media]

I would like to see any wfp king do glass quicker than that /emoticons/biggrin.png

And you haven't left me windows wet..god bless you:laugh:

I've used 36" blades (including a Sorbo) and it's NOT always quicker.

The bigger the glass, the more chance the glass can flex/bow while blading......

and when you blade-off, wet patches can remain on the glass where the rubber is not in full contact with the glass.

The objective of that size tool is to reduce labour not work harder apparently

To be honest I reckon I could clean that window just as quick as him in the third video using my 10 or 12 inch squeegee

Latest Posts

Back