Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp outside window quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt

So I email a local school I drive past most days to say let me clean the filthy bike shelters for exchange and/or put a free ad in their magazine or such like.

Anyway they ring me and say thank you and while you're there can you quote for the whole school! Result but other than shops I only clean residential. So I'm there tomorrow to clean the shelters and price the rest of the job up.

I'm slightly clueless on price and am concerned about both the height ( I have 5 poles but am yet to use the largest ) and the annoying vents situated half way down.

Will post some pics I took today

View attachment 3824

View attachment 3825

View attachment 3826

View attachment 3827

That's one ugly school lol. Just price as a day rate. Why are you concerned about the height? get you poles out while your going shelter and try it out

That's one ugly school lol. Just price as a day rate. Why are you concerned about the height? get you poles out while your going shelter and try it out
good point, only concern is they are brodex poles and did half get one out and it felt like a flipping scaffold pole. Concern is I have never used the longest pole. It won't be til the summer holiday anyway. Yer the windows have ruined the building! What about the fans? Imagine water will leak everywhere.

What about the fans? Imagine water will leak everywhere.
The kids won't notice /emoticons/wink.png

You did ask permission to take pics of the school from the gates? You never know what you might get blamed for :specs

hi and congrats boy that is high..good luck

...Im only small fry these days so cant help you with a price..

if I got that ...I would be off for my slx straight away..dont know how big though..

..just the first clean would cover a new pole time..

it would be a great job no one around take your time...music on../emoticons/biggrin.png

in my case...drag the missus along and show her how to wfp...

and possibly the kids too....

AND WELL SPOTTED TUFFERS NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT....who was a gary glitter and jimmy saville fan...in fact there after cliff too now..no one left...except noel and his jumper:rofl:

The kids won't notice /emoticons/wink.png
You did ask permission to take pics of the school from the gates? You never know what you might get blamed for :specs
Ha! Yer I know,it was 5pm, on my way home, made sure no one was about. Will take some more or even video it tomorrow with some permission!

Some jobs aren't worth the hassle and this one looks like one. But good on you if you get it done. I've been trad for 25 years and WFP for a year now. I wouldn't touch this place with a barge pole. But that's me. Always like to be in and out of a job as quickly as I can. As for charging, like Dredge said, go day rate and if they ask how long it will take then always over estimated . Good luck mate

Thanks cnc I had that price in my mind already, just never sure when smurf is joking or not!

You were bang on smurf! including all the back and other bits, not sure about the vents( there are vents halfway down a lot of the windows! ) it has to be about that for me. Plus I am in a plush south west london area so can get good rates on domestics.

If that was on a 6 monthly contract then I would go in at around £500 - £600,

One off / yearly contract clean I would then want at least a grand for my troubles.

You were bang on smurf! including all the back and other bits, not sure about the vents( there are vents halfway down a lot of the windows! ) it has to be about that for me. Plus I am in a plush south west london area so can get good rates on domestics.

That school looks fine to be honest. You will need about a 45 foot pole to be safe though. That building has high ceilings by the looks of it, and makes it taller than you would think.

As for the vents also, you will be fine. You will just have to go along the very top window first all along one section to allow the drips coming out, then go back and do he two underneath.

Schools are handy work because you can do them over the weekend, and it doesn't clog up your other work, just a nice little Bonus once a year.

I used to work at a school here in Bristol before becoming a window cleaner & the window cleaners charge was £870 inside and out! Hard to say how many windows that was! Regular sized primary school lol

One cleaner took two days!! Not bad

Easy job that and has got to be worth at least 1k for a one off clean
I would've said £400 for ongoing cleans or £650 for one off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back