Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial window cleaning prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Cghwindowcleaning you know the areas I work
Pear tree school used to be £450 3 times a year for 1 man 1 day each time and lost that as apparently the caretaker can do it
Lost some from a pm company in the old town due to cutbacks
Expecting to lose a block right near my house also as tender is due and have a bad feeling
Domestic is more reliable at the moment
The prices round here for schools are dead I’ve probably priced 10 in our town and never got one.

The block management work for pm companies is also getting harder as there are a lot of them about.I know the pm company you do work for and part of them winning blocks is by going in cheap and then cutting services back.I had skyline house in town that was getting cleaned by abseilers every quarter they took it on and do it once a year now if that.The building looks shocking.

The thing is we are saturated here in Stevenage.Spotless water done us no favours round here.

The poor pricing on the commercial is due to a mix of things but the big factor is the amount of idiots and newbies under pricing and under valuing jobs and competing to hard For the work.

it’s still out there but it’s getting harder to find.

The prices round here for schools are dead I’ve probably priced 10 in our town and never got one.

The block management work for pm companies is also getting harder as there are a lot of them about.I know the pm company you do work for and part of them winning blocks is by going in cheap and then cutting services back.I had skyline house in town that was getting cleaned by abseilers every quarter they took it on and do it once a year now if that.The building looks shocking.

The thing is we are saturated here in Stevenage.Spotless water done us no favours round here.

The poor pricing on the commercial is due to a mix of things but the big factor is the amount of idiots and newbies under pricing and under valuing jobs and competing to hard For the work.

One of the differences with commercial / block management is that with block management they're VAT sensitive so I you £200 + VAT then someone, not registered, at £239 is cheaper.

The blocks I do where you live I have done for years now
They have approached someone we know and asked for a quote for just the communal windows in and out whereas I do the whole of the blocks including communal windows

Did you stick to one hot water system or have you tried different ones and found any one better than the others?
Hot water systems are not worth the outlay for most people. OK they do extend the season if there is cold weather. I couldn't have window cleaned probably a week out of the last two without one but as soon as the cold weather passes I cannot honestly see the benefit. The amount of diesel they drink is also expensive

All depends what type of work you are doing we use hot in all vans costs a fortune to run compared to cold but is more than made up for with time saving and extra work done , some won’t agree I know but that’s our experience. Would never go back to cold
I use cold water for nearly all throughout the year apart from when when it's zero temperature or less.
Jobs are apartment complexes with monthly, bi monthly or quarterly intervals.
I honestly cannot tell the difference between a cold wash or warm wash with effort or results.
I suppose if you are dealing with ingrained dirty windows you may do

I use cold water for nearly all throughout the year apart from when when it's zero temperature or less.
Jobs are apartment complexes with monthly, bi monthly or quarterly intervals.
I honestly cannot tell the difference between a cold wash or warm wash with effort or results.
I suppose if you are dealing with ingrained dirty windows you may do
We do a lot of costal stuff that’s covered with salt spray, hot not warm water desolves it 10x quicker than cold , we also get loads of greasy seagull poo on windows again hot removes it so much quicker . Most of our work is 4-8 weekly and some stuff between cleans looks like it hasn’t been cleaned for months ??, again from salt and sea foam etc .

We do a lot of costal stuff that’s covered with salt spray, hot not warm water desolves it 10x quicker than cold , we also get loads of greasy seagull poo on windows again hot removes it so much quicker . Most of our work is 4-8 weekly and some stuff between cleans looks like it hasn’t been cleaned for months ??, again from salt and sea foam etc .
Yes i suppose that's the difference. I never get hot water unless I am on a short run. Obviously the longer the run the cooler the water gets so if I have the full 100m out the water is warm and not hot. I would imagine hot water is an asset in those circumstances but the jobs I do sometimes look just as clean as when I last went especially the monthly ones

Yes i suppose that's the difference. I never get hot water unless I am on a short run. Obviously the longer the run the cooler the water gets so if I have the full 100m out the water is warm and not hot. I would imagine hot water is an asset in those circumstances but the jobs I do sometimes look just as clean as when I last went especially the monthly ones
Lol wish we experienced that ??? usually they are practically opaque

All depends what type of work you are doing we use hot in all vans costs a fortune to run compared to cold but is more than made up for with time saving and extra work done , some won’t agree I know but that’s our experience. Would never go back to cold
I copied guys on here doing well and that's the reason I went for a hotwater system. I have a full day tomorrow but not sure if I could do it with cold. In the end it's up to oneself but I don't think it costs much each day.

I copied guys on here doing well and that's the reason I went for a hotwater system. I have a full day tomorrow but not sure if I could do it with cold. In the end it's up to oneself but I don't think it costs much each day.
Hi, as I said I couldn't have worked a week out of the last two if I didn't have hot water but every year the hot water is only used probably for two weeks. There comes a point when it's too cold even for hot water.
A Webasto 9kw diesel heater uses around 0.7- 1 litre of fuel every hour depending on summer / winter kW settings and depending on being on standby or running

Pricing all depends on your location ETC.

99% residential here , Do a few businesses like Starbucks/KFC and other big businesses /buildings etc.

I find that I can make more ££ on residentials... 10 houses on one road is better to me than a commercial building, the commercial prices are low here in the North East,

If u live up South then Im guessing the commercial side of things will be more profitable as the prices up there are more feasible.

But depends on where you are in the country for example The North East is a total different country to South Yorkshire - its like two different countries when you look at the average window cleaning prices from each town/city - its crazy when you see the difference in pricing.

The best way to find your average cost of a window clean in each town/city is to find what the average barber charges - in my area the barbers average price matches with the average window cleaning price, This is the case in most citys/towns across the UK , the barber going rate is also the window cleaning rate :p
Interesting comparison.

One of my commercial pays a ton for 75mins every month but I would prefer ten £10 jobs because it spreads the risk. My commercial could cancel it the UK Gov cuts the grant but I can't see ten jobs cancelling all at once.

Hi, as I said I couldn't have worked a week out of the last two if I didn't have hot water but every year the hot water is only used probably for two weeks. There comes a point when it's too cold even for hot water.
A Webasto 9kw diesel heater uses around 0.7- 1 litre of fuel every hour depending on summer / winter kW settings and depending on being on standby or running
Ours are running 8 hours a day its difficult to be precise on fuel consumption as they are plumbed into the vehicles fuel tanks but I think it uses around 1:1-1:2 ltr per hour , which is more than the manufacturers figures we have two Ionic’s thermopures and one Grippatank 9 kw two man set up all use very similar amounts of fuel although the Ionic’s ones are a different model Wabasto boiler .

I did a job yesterday which my pumps runs for most of the job that takes an hour and 30 minutes. More than 3/4 of my hose was out. Unfortunately, the hose runs across a large expanse of grass. Water leaving my heater at 55 degrees is hardly warm at the other end; I wouldn't even call it tepid.

Using the backpack and filling a 20 litre plastic container to decant into his backpack means my son's water is hot to the touch at his brush head. He moans if the heater isn't switched on.

I think my heater uses around 1.25 litres per hour of diesel according to the specs, and if both of us are using the hose (son prefers the backpack) then the heater is on full belt most of the time. When we are working fairly compact work with a couple of miles from home, my heater uses much more fuel on a daily basis than my Peugeot Boxer van does.

I did a job yesterday which my pumps runs for most of the job that takes an hour and 30 minutes. More than 3/4 of my hose was out. Unfortunately, the hose runs across a large expanse of grass. Water leaving my heater at 55 degrees is hardly warm at the other end; I wouldn't even call it tepid.

Using the backpack and filling a 20 litre plastic container to decant into his backpack means my son's water is hot to the touch at his brush head. He moans if the heater isn't switched on.

I think my heater uses around 1.25 litres per hour of diesel according to the specs, and if both of us are using the hose (son prefers the backpack) then the heater is on full belt most of the time. When we are working fairly compact work with a couple of miles from home, my heater uses much more fuel on a daily basis than my Peugeot Boxer van does.
Lol, when I had 100m of hose out yesterday it defrosted the snow lovely in a long line in the residents car park, it came out the van almost too hot to touch but lukewarm at the brush. Last week when I used it for 4 days, on for 8hrs but used for around 5 1/2 hours I couldn't believe how much fuel it used.

I agree with the fuel figures spruce ?

Ours is supplied from a seperate Gerry Can and it cost us around £1.50 an hour to run. This also included the recirculation frost stat that must of ran a few hours during the night. We don’t know how much it used doing this so probably around £1.40 an hour whilst cleaning windows.

Back