Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some advice on WFP trolley systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah bit nervous/excited about starting into something new. I can doing all sorts of trad stuff in my sleep, some of the jobs I have done over the years have nothing short of ridiculous but I knew I could do them. With this I reckon I might have to practice on my house, parents house and then maybe commercially when it's quiet, as I don't want to look like I have no idea what i'm doing. Hopefully I can take to it with practice.

Cleaning Warehouse haven't got back to me in 4 or 5 days now, so I went with Gardiner 30ft (35ft sold out) and went with brush you recommended. Expensive but going by reviews on here it's highly recommended. The only thing is I didn't get a univalve on the pole which would have been nice, might just order one separately and use instructions from video posted put it on myself. My order says pole and valve so hopefully comes with standard pole valve. Just waiting now on Pure Freedom to amend my quote and I'll pay for that and that's me.

I'll have to buy a good sized tank for my back garden to fill with. I've seen people mentioning waste water from when water goes through the DI vessel. Do I have get a separate container for the waste water?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah bit nervous/excited about starting into something new. I can doing all sorts of trad stuff in my sleep, some of the jobs I have done over the years have nothing short of ridiculous but I knew I could do them. With this I reckon I might have to practice on my house, parents house and then maybe commercially when it's quiet, as I don't want to look like I have no idea what i'm doing. Hopefully I can take to it with practice.
Cleaning Warehouse haven't got back to me in 4 or 5 days now, so I went with Gardiner 30ft (35ft sold out) and went with brush you recommended. Expensive but going by reviews on here it's highly recommended. The only thing is I didn't get a univalve on the pole which would have been nice, might just order one separately and use instructions from video posted put it on myself. My order says pole and valve so hopefully comes with standard pole valve. Just waiting now on Pure Freedom to amend my quote and I'll pay for that and that's me.

I'll have to buy a good sized tank for my back garden to fill with. I've seen people mentioning waste water from when water goes through the DI vessel. Do I have get a separate container for the waste water?
You don't need a holding tank DI only and no waste, that's for RO systems. With DI its tap-di-containers job done. 10 mins to refill after work, simple

e05d199463b0177687f35fe80408a391.jpg
97d906e220e3903ac5c8857363c7464b.jpg

These arrived today. Been a tedious time trying to get in touch with people and getting delivered over to Ireland. Originally ordered an slx but apparently they don't deliver to Ireland, neither x line nor water genie got back to me quick enough so went with the face-lift.

Still waiting on pure freedom to be delivered. Just a couple of questions.

- Has anyone used this pole before and could give me some tips or pointers when using it?

- The end cap seems annoyingly loose and seems to fall off with slightest touch, is that normal?

- Should the univalve come with the metal crimps? Mine just came on its own.

Looking forward to getting going but christ it has taken such along time and too much effort to buy these items. Customer service has well and truly went out the window with alot of the places I tried to contact, although WCW were by far the easiest to deal with. Pole itself seems well made, not as light as I expected, although what do I know.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

end caps should be tight, but removable, you need to get the o clips separately. As for the pole wouldn't have a clue,should be same as all other poles. Not sure how the wedge brush is, but would be interested to see how you find it, as looked like an ok brush online

Wrap a little tape round the bottom of th pole should hold the end cap firmly in place.

Hi guys just got my PF trolley today and need a bit of help. I got my pole and hose separately and the facelift hose that I received with facelift pole seems a hell of slot skinnier than the hose with connectors PF sent me out 5mm vs 8mm? Are there different sized connectors or can I switch the ones of the yellow hose to the smaller black hose? I'm not sure if am missing any connectors but I would really appreciate any help on setting this up as I'm not sure what goes where. Oh ansld the green connectors on the DI are ones I had at home. Thanks guys.

e1af888105dcc7dbcfc1adfeab3c46b0.jpg
ebf3349e5f723d5f8b9444738febfd59.jpg
1ba964cef32a09390eb9f5c3bdd0e1b5.jpg
1ac998a1937462d96ef5085c35cf7cfc.jpg

6mm male rectus fitting on pole hose. If you don't have one you'll need it, when you have it you may need it to dip the hose in boiling water to soften it as itll be very tight. DI vessel looks OK, as long as it doesn't leak.

6mm male rectus fitting on pole hose. If you don't have one you'll need it, when you have it you may need it to dip the hose in boiling water to soften it as itll be very tight. DI vessel looks OK, as long as it doesn't leak.
Ok so 6mm rectus fitting for the 5mm black hose? I never even thought about different hose sizes to be honest. The fittings that are in the bigger yellow hose, are they too big to fit into the black hose? I wouldn't say the green connectors I have going into the DI are the best. I thought that I would get all the connections I needed with the system.

Not sure what that black hose is but if it's PU it may not need o rings to hold it on. I'm currently using Gardiner's orange PU pole hose in my pole and it doesn't need o rings to hold it onto the Univalve even when using water at 45 degrees. The harder you pull on it the tighter it grips. However, if it's PVC hose it will definitely need o rings.

Thanks mate I will order that now. I guess i'll keep the other hose as a spare. I would imagine that I would run out of water pretty quick using the bigger yellow hose.
The pole hose goes inside the pole then, connects to the yellow hose if you need more length, and then to the connector on the trolley. Its not meant for attaching to brush, that's the pole hose, which will fit into the t piece perfectly on the brush. You can attach pole hose directly to trolley, but if fully extended you won't be able to move far from the trolley. With the yellow hose in between pole hose and trolley you'll be able to do larger areas without moving it

The pole hose goes inside the pole then, connects to the yellow hose if you need more length, and then to the connector on the trolley. Its not meant for attaching to brush, that's the pole hose, which will fit into the t piece perfectly on the brush. You can attach pole hose directly to trolley, but if fully extended you won't be able to move far from the trolley. With the yellow hose in between pole hose and trolley you'll be able to do larger areas without moving it
Ok brilliant cheers makes sense. It's crazy I've been doing window cleaning for over two decades now and I feel like a fish out of water as regards the wfp. I keep having to order everything from the UK which is holding things up, literally one place that I can find locally that sell wfp systems and he only sells the Unger and only has one in stock. Crazy

I would be ineterested how u find using the trolley system in the golf as im starting up and have a golf. Would be interested in some pics of it in the car cheers

Hi Tony,

I've literally just been out the front removing bits and bobs out of the boot that I don't use regularly to create some space for the nano trolley. It's been an arduous task ordering everything, chasing people and getting it delivered but that's because I'm a newbie & I lived in Ireland which apparently don't really sell WFP systems.

Really wanted to do some practicing on my own house today but i'm missing that one connector! No worries at all, as soon as i'm ready to go and everything is in and organised I will take some snaps. Would be curious to see some snaps of any guys of here that work out of cars myself. The Nano trolley from PF is very compact I must say. I think I would have to lay it flat on it's back to get it in the boot. Although I could easily take out the parcel shelf but that means people could see in teh boot walking by.

I was thinking of getting some kind of rubber matt and maybe some bungy cords or the likes to put the 25L containers securely across back seats. I reckon I could fit about 5 25L containers in the back seat of my golf. Ideally I would like to have them secure and neat but that remains to be seen.

Hi Tony,
I've literally just been out the front removing bits and bobs out of the boot that I don't use regularly to create some space for the nano trolley. It's been an arduous task ordering everything, chasing people and getting it delivered but that's because I'm a newbie & I lived in Ireland which apparently don't really sell WFP systems.

Really wanted to do some practicing on my own house today but i'm missing that one connector! No worries at all, as soon as i'm ready to go and everything is in and organised I will take some snaps. Would be curious to see some snaps of any guys of here that work out of cars myself. The Nano trolley from PF is very compact I must say. I think I would have to lay it flat on it's back to get it in the boot. Although I could easily take out the parcel shelf but that means people could see in teh boot walking by.

I was thinking of getting some kind of rubber matt and maybe some bungy cords or the likes to put the 25L containers securely across back seats. I reckon I could fit about 5 25L containers in the back seat of my golf. Ideally I would like to have them secure and neat but that remains to be seen.
Try trolley in rear passengers foot well. I have 6 barrel in Boot most days, can cram 3 in a row between back seat and boot, widest side across if that makes sense. Keeping seats up will help in the case of an accident as it'll stop/slow them down, meaning they're less likely to injure. I'll take a pic later of my boot (only 4 in there today as been gutter cleaning all day) but you'll get the idea

Back