Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split Charge Relay Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

He knows his stuff that's for sure. As long as my pump pumps I'm happy ?. I do charge my battery every night and it only takes up to an hour. I have an inbuilt charging facility on my controller. I wired it up to a 12v cigar lighter socket in the back of the van. When I stop the van after driving it my charger flashes 'charge' for a while. 
I’m the same. Window cleaning to me is just making money, I don’t have much enthusiasm towards it.

Some on here have an orgasm about getting a new brush. Each to their own I suppose ?

He knows his stuff that's for sure. As long as my pump pumps I'm happy ?. I do charge my battery every night and it only takes up to an hour. I have an inbuilt charging facility on my controller. I wired it up to a 12v cigar lighter socket in the back of the van. When I stop the van after driving it my charger flashes 'charge' for a while. 
This is a reason why you don't have many issues with your battery.

If our battery fails, we aren't able to work. It's as important as having sufficient water. When we don't recharge our batteries regularly, they sulphate and lose capacity. It's just a vicious circle. Part of our job description is to look after our equipment, and battery recharging is one of them.

I’m the same. Window cleaning to me is just making money, I don’t have much enthusiasm towards it.

Some on here have an orgasm about getting a new brush. Each to their own I suppose ?
I often talk to myself when I'm working. Usually it's something like 'I'm bored now' ?

I'm buying one of these next. The brush looks proper ace and for £12 you can't go wrong. Might buy 2 and strap them together. https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/rac-heavy-duty-water-fed-car-wash-brush-2m-355341

I often talk to myself when I'm working. Usually it's something like 'I'm bored now' ?

I'm buying one of these next. The brush looks proper ace and for £12 you can't go wrong. Might buy 2 and strap them together. https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/rac-heavy-duty-water-fed-car-wash-brush-2m-355341
No harm doing that.

The trouble starts when you start arguing with yourself, and it gets worse if you lose the argument. If you start fighting with yourself, then you will be headed in only one direction. I'm on my way!

Last edited by a moderator:
No harm doing that.

The trouble starts when you start arguing with yourself, and it gets worse if you lose the argument. If you start fighting with yourself, then you will be headed in only one direction. I'm on my way!
Live with depression and ptsd. I do all that daily in my head 

Last edited by a moderator:
Live we depression and ptsd. I do all that daily in my head 
It's nice to have some company then ?

Seriously though, those of us you don't suffer with depression and ptsd really have no idea what those who do suffer have to go through to just live, as we haven't experienced it ourselves. We can empathize though with you and others who are having to deal with the same trauma (I hope trauma is the right word).

In the short term we can only hope that medical science finds a cure for these ailments. I'm not sure that the normal route given by doctors of an anti depressant is the right way forward, as it just doesn't get to the cause, rather just masks the symptoms.

Seriously though, those of us you don't suffer with depression and ptsd really have no idea what those who do suffer have to go through to just live, as we haven't experienced it ourselves. We can empathize though with you and others who are having to deal with the same trauma (I hope trauma is the right word).

In the short term we can only hope that medical science finds a cure for these ailments. I'm not sure that the normal route given by doctors of an anti depressant is the right way forward, as it just doesn't get to the cause, rather just masks the symptoms.
I take pills which I don't think help.

I take pills which I don't think help.
I luckily came off all mine two years ago, just manage a day at a time. Exercise, Positive attitude, mindfulness and keeping busy really helps 

One of the most touching and supportive comments I've ever read mate ? 

No harm doing that.

My dad found out I had an imaginary girlfriend.

Him- ”You know you could do better” 

Me- ”Thanks dad that means a lot” 

Him- “I was talking to your girlfriend” ???‍?

What's it supposed to do?

These things usually have a couple of batteries or capacitors inside just to give a car battery a little boost to start the engine. It was once calculated that a starter motor takes an initial draw current load of 200 amps to get a 2.0 diesel engine moving which rapidly drops off within the first second. If your starter motor takes just over 2 seconds to start the van, your battery is down by 4.5 amps - the same amount of current one of our Shurflo pumps draws in an hour.

So this little booster might work in an ideal situation but its not guaranteed. It certainly wouldn't run a WFP pump for long.
This is interesting so if the van takes 10 seconds to start you will have used 20amps of power roughly?

This is interesting so if the van takes 10 seconds to start you will have used 20amps of power roughly?
It's a little more complicated than that. Once the starter motor has got the engine turning then the current demand reduces. It's those initial milliseconds that take the most current. Before the engine starts to turn there is a direct electrical short through the starter motor. 

Latest Posts

Back