Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split charge relay. Help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I assume those boxes are the same size as the Stream-Line pump box I had years ago which due to the pump and the also the way The Cleaning Warehouse looked to have fitted the controller as well that has also limited the size of battery that will be able to fit in the available space inside the box, 

@Kurtis mentioned previously that he has a van. 
I couldn't remember/missed that important fact. ? My excuse is I'm old. I would go for a bigger battery anyway then and get rid of the pump box.

I couldn't remember/missed that important fact. ? My excuse is I'm old. I would go for a bigger battery anyway then and get rid of the pump box.
I'll forgive you as my memory is as bad as yours ? I would have thought without too much trouble those boxes could be stripped down and the pump and controller mounted on some sheet metal or even thick plastic very much like they can be bought as pump boards, then the boxes could be utilised soley as a battery box. 

Thanks guys.

ye I think I might just strip the boxes down and start again with a bigger battery to be honest. Although they were handy at the time, because I haven’t made the system myself, I haven’t really learnt how everything fits together.

Also, the van is a 17plate Citroen Berlingo. So I’m pretty sure it has an alternator

Thanks guys.

ye I think I might just strip the boxes down and start again with a bigger battery to be honest. Although they were handy at the time, because I haven’t made the system myself, I haven’t really learnt how everything fits together.

Also, the van is a 17plate Citroen Berlingo. So I’m pretty sure it has an alternator
Every vehicle on the road has an alternator.

Newer van manufacturers from 2015 sort different ways to achieve the latest emission standards and many employed various charging twists and turns to help in achieving those standards.

There are some newer vans that you can't fit a split charge relay to. This is why you need to find out what standards Citroën applied to your van before you rush off and buy something that won't work. Unfortunately, different van sizes within the same manufacturer can employee different methods - regenerative braking, Adblue, dpf filters, stop/start, etc or a combination of all of them.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/22375-split-charge-relay/#comments

Have a look at a multitude of Youtube videos advising on this. Sterling are one such company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back