Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

All part of the learning curve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've stiched myself up many a time pricing work but soon learnt from my mistakes... /emoticons/biggrin.png

yep jack I have to admit the money is useful as I pass it to my daughter as petrol money back to uni....hmmm just what do I work for...bloody kids..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Been there, done that too. Now I have to just get rid of the missus then I will be laughing /emoticons/biggrin.png

stop it smurfy stop it...please....stop makin me laugh but then again she does make a lovely fry up in the morning so I will let her off../emoticons/biggrin.png

Mind you she keeps threatening to put me in a home...I wonder why?/emoticons/biggrin.png

now that does sound good nursey to look after your every need and television on tap..roll on...when do I retire.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and every month you can get all excited as the brush turns up at your window.....

Don't be saying that as I will be having naughty nursey dreams tonight and is no good for me old ticker you know /emoticons/biggrin.png

hi jack when ever i have my ladder kicked out like that, i always put my bucket bottom off ladder

it sits across bottom nice and safe

remember though went you come down ladder or you will have wet feet

pmsl :laugh:

hi jack when ever i have my ladder kicked out like that, i always put my bucket bottom off ladderit sits across bottom nice and safe

remember though went you come down ladder or you will have wet feet

Seriously @Duncs a bucket of water is not going to stop a grown man up a ladder sliding down a wall if the ladder starts to slid backwards surely?

Then you still also have a trip hazard at the bottom of the ladder to contend with as I'm sure eggs is eggs my mate frank will be getting wet feet or worse.

seriously smurf my rectangle bucket bottom off ladder wont go any where

would,int use it if the ladder was kicked right back ,just get my mate to hold it

but generally just for piece of mind works well for me:D

Placebo effect springs to mind...:rolleyes:

I suppose that would be frank then at the bottom of the ladder just to make sure you step in the bucket on the way down./emoticons/biggrin.png

Myself the only thing I trust to stop a 9 rung or more ladder slipping either backwards at the bottom on dodgy surfaces or sideways at the top of the ladder is an Ankalad Ladder Stabiliser. This also takes the bounce out of the ladder too and combine that with a microlite standoff for the top of the ladder you will have a great ladder system for all types of ladder work. OK an ankalad is not the fastest thing on the market to do multiple ladder sets but I prefer safety over speed. Not only that it's always attached to the ladder and folds in to the sides of the stiles so is very handy to use.

The microlite standoff comes into its own as has been designed to not only work on vertical surfaces but pitched tiled roofs & flat roofs too. Making it a very versatile tool for ladder stability at the top of any ladder especially when wanting to step on/off a flat roof as we all know how dodgy that can be.

This is Just my opinion you understand as there are plenty of other so say ladder safety devices out there but nothing compares to that combo for peace of mind. Unless that is you want to go drilling holes in customer walls.

eh did that bucket thing last week but then had a patio table base pushed against that as my ladderm8 was in my van :rolleyes: and patio looked slightly dampish:whew:

Latest Posts

Back