Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are they being serious??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Don't really know what to say on this so do bear with me as I will most likely digress and perhaps a tangent or two along this thought path.

We have had discussion and debate previously on immigration and UK independence etc and so forth and even though I am an immigrant of sorts (Jerseyman) and my wife is an immigrant (Filipino) until very recently we were both of the 'close the border and get out of Europe' mindset.

This past week has been rather enlightening to me, I will tell you why.

I got a call from a new potential client, owns several commercial properties, blocks of student apartments, various retail and commercial properties, residential properties etc, some 30 odd buildings in total and he wants to retain my services for keeping them all clean and tip top.

He is one of those unusual, errmmm, I believe @daveyboy coined the phrapse 'barterers' that wants to keep all his properties immaculate for his tenants and is concerned with quality first and prices second.

For three days this week he has made one of his maintenance team available to show me around all the properties and make sure I know everything required of us.

This young lad is called Hammed, he is 22 and a refugee from Syria currently on indefinite leave to remain. We have spent 12 hours a day working together to put this package together for the boss (Ali) It is not often that you get to meet someone so respectful and polite and although only here for six months so far already a total star with all the tenants of the buildings and everyone he meets.

Does he want to be here? In his own words 'no' he wishes he was at home, is he grateful to be here? most certainly. He is praying for an end to war so that he can return to his home (what's left of it)

Yesterday I am listening to the radio in the van and they come up with some statistics about the 'floods' of refugees that are 'invading' England......

Between October 2015 & March 2016 --

Coventry took the highest amount taking in 105 refugees

Nottingham was second highest taking in 81............81? Is that it? 81? What the hell is all the fuss about? 81?

Including standing room a double decker bus can take on 84 passengers, 84 on a bus yet we have only taken in 81 of these poor folks, not even a single bus full yet the media would have us believe we are being invaded by hoards of them. These numbers and my past few days with Hammed really have opened my eyes and started to change the way I have been thinking about the current situation.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Reality often hits home when you meet people. Sadly it all feels like its the straw that broke the camels back and those people get seen as another economic migrant. We have so many immigrants now that any new influx seems like way too much. Years ago I would have felt more charitable. But one of the main things that bothers me is that I want to see our government help it's own people...the people who's taxes pay their wages. When we have floods in this country, I would like to see some proper money going to those families, instead of a visit from some politicians in a Barbour jacket and brand new Hunters wellies.

BTW, I'm not comparing localised flooding to war, I'm merely stating that if the country is goi g to take money off us for our hard work, then we should be looked after first and foremost.

Totally agree green it's a tiny percentage

Media and people are just scaremongering to fuel there agendas

i hate to say it but the barterer will grind you down. mr.syria will be the UXB ,the loose cannon. you think hes been defused at the moment

Both sides of the debate spout bullshit. You've just gotta make judgements from your own personal experiences.

If we didn't have freedom of movement between European nations then we could have selected those we needed on a work permit basis...this would have prevented the population spiralling up by millions...this would have given the uk greater capacity to help those fleeing war zones...we would also be better able to bring in the best brains worldwide...as it is, we couldn't stop a coach load of unskilled labourers coming from Portugal but we can (and do) stop professionals working here from everywhere outside the EU.

Don't really know what to say on this so do bear with me as I will most likely digress and perhaps a tangent or two along this thought path.
We have had discussion and debate previously on immigration and UK independence etc and so forth and even though I am an immigrant of sorts (Jerseyman) and my wife is an immigrant (Filipino) until very recently we were both of the 'close the border and get out of Europe' mindset.

This past week has been rather enlightening to me, I will tell you why.

I got a call from a new potential client, owns several commercial properties, blocks of student apartments, various retail and commercial properties, residential properties etc, some 30 odd buildings in total and he wants to retain my services for keeping them all clean and tip top.

He is one of those unusual, errmmm, I believe @daveyboy coined the phrapse 'barterers' that wants to keep all his properties immaculate for his tenants and is concerned with quality first and prices second.

For three days this week he has made one of his maintenance team available to show me around all the properties and make sure I know everything required of us.

This young lad is called Hammed, he is 22 and a refugee from Syria currently on indefinite leave to remain. We have spent 12 hours a day working together to put this package together for the boss (Ali) It is not often that you get to meet someone so respectful and polite and although only here for six months so far already a total star with all the tenants of the buildings and everyone he meets.

Does he want to be here? In his own words 'no' he wishes he was at home, is he grateful to be here? most certainly. He is praying for an end to war so that he can return to his home (what's left of it)

Yesterday I am listening to the radio in the van and they come up with some statistics about the 'floods' of refugees that are 'invading' England......

Between October 2015 & March 2016 --

Coventry took the highest amount taking in 105 refugees

Nottingham was second highest taking in 81............81? Is that it? 81? What the hell is all the fuss about? 81?

Including standing room a double decker bus can take on 84 passengers, 84 on a bus yet we have only taken in 81 of these poor folks, not even a single bus full yet the media would have us believe we are being invaded by hoards of them. These numbers and my past few days with Hammed really have opened my eyes and started to change the way I have been thinking about the current situation.

Just my thoughts for the day.
Trouble is most people won't believe that even if it's in front of them, scare tactics about murderous Muslim immigrants work very well, I've been reading that house prices, wages & house and job availability have very little to do with immigrants but that doesn't make good headlines and will be ignored by people of a certain mindset.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Trouble is most people won't believe that even if it's in front of them, scare tactics about murderous Muslim immigrants work very well, I've been reading that house prices, wages & house and job availability have very little to do with immigrants but that doesn't make good headlines and will be ignored by people of a certain mindset.
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
The problem isn't with immigrants, it's uncontrolled immigration, which is what we have.

330 thou and rising its e.u. free movement that is taking away the Great out of Britain not helping people fleeing war and persecution mostly religious and it aint the muuslins who have to flee or get their heads chopped off

we should help them i.m.o.

Nice posting Green pro..../emoticons/smile.png

Once a human face/story has been put to the problem then its hard not to want to assist in some way.

Its often portrayed as a 'help our own' OR 'help them' but why does it have to be either or??

Someone mentioned flooding in the UK .... should we assist those families - HELL yes!

Is it possible to help out more then 81 of those poor syrian people? i would have thought so.

BTW, im not a bed wetting, lentil munching, sandal wearing leftie who wants to help all and sundry..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Just someone who feels desperately sorry for people who no fault of their own are suffering...

I've mentioned on here before that my wife has a top job in the banking fraternity and for various reasons they are voting in. Well yesterday I met a big group of mates to go to football, and a fair few of these lads work in the square mile in London in insurance and some for lawyers.

When we got talking in the pub about brexit, I was amazed that every single one of these city boy was voting in, and wasn't just for their own interest, they was saying for reasons in the long run, how it will effect loads of things.

I'm voting out, but have a few doubt's now

We are a Small island, the problem isn't refugees from one country. It's the number of them altogether. Straining already stretched infrastructure like schools.

I think it's funny how all the rich people/politicians/people in power, etc. are managing to convince the public that mass immigration is a good thing. They must be laughing their tats off listening to the lefties regurgitate how diverse we are. The only people doing well out of the deal are big businesses, landlords, and the immigrants themselves. The rest of us are screwed. I'm already looking for a way out of here.

We are a Small island, the problem isn't refugees from one country. It's the number of them altogether. Straining already stretched infrastructure like schools.
so what we need to do is update our infrastructure - more school places, Doctors surgeries, hospital beds, housing, national grid, water supplies, road/rail/bus supplies etc etc.....

hhmmmmm........
BaffledGuy.jpg

The problem is people have had enough of mass immigration so ANY mention of more people coming and everyone instantly doesn't want to know regardless of the reason.

If we were outside the EU and hadn't had mass uncontrolled immigration for years we wouldn't be doing this now.

The other issue is why are they traveling through many safe countries to try and get to Britain? why aren't their neighbours doing more to help in the first place? why is it us again?

Also worth considering is there are now large camps in Syria that is full pretty much entirely of women and children who have just been left behind, they hate their men for fleeing and leaving them.

so what we need to do is update our infrastructure - more school places, Doctors surgeries, hospital beds, housing, national grid, water supplies, road/rail/bus supplies etc etc.....
hhmmmmm........
BaffledGuy.jpg
We can't accommodate the entire world, there needs to be a cut off at some point, we are already 4 times more densely populated than France and twice as densely populated than Germany, we are the most densely populated country in Europe, not just the EU (apart from Malta but that's by default because its tiny)

Back