Thinking of starting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Mdrake, Dec 14, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mdrake

Mdrake Guest

Hi guys

I'm thinking of starting in the new year in the Gloucestershire area. I was thinking domestic, am I barking up the wrong tree when I say the following:

Small van partner or sim
    Wpf, what size?
    Assorted bits and bots, ladders etc
    Then look for work!
  2. Hey, have u ever done any window cleaning before?

If not, I would start with getting a ladder and some roof racks and a bucket and squeegee and try canvassing and get some work and get some experience behind you.

Window cleaning is not as easy as you may think! Especially in the winter. but if you get on well, then you can think about WFP.

WFP is great, costs more to start up but does make the job a tad easier.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at I've done both types and can give advise on both.

Thanks, Jeremy
  3. its always great to dive right into work, and i wouldnt say your barking up the wrong tree.

If your requirements change, you can always arrange for more equipment, but its best to dive in to work rather than procrastinate and be a perfectionist like some do (im guilty of that lol)
  4. ostler123

ostler123 Guest