Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time for a new boiler

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Last week my boiler stopped working again it’s been a bit troublesome recently did all the usual things to get it to fire up but no go , so decided to order a new one as it’s now 8+ years old and approximately done 25,000 hours run time , new compleat one with two years warranty without having to have it serviced is just under £1,400 so it’s cheaper than replacing water pumps at £300 , burners and pins ,screens at £600 and fuel pumps at £175 and fans at £300 , the new one arrived today and guess what the old one fired up by it’s self this morning ???? typical but there you go , so will keep the new one on the shelf as butler Technics have said they will start the warranty from when it’s fitted , my mate who is a marine electrician got it for me so they will know when it’s fitted as his company stamp will be on the paperwork. This one worked fine until it was 5-6 years old from memory and without any servicing at all , if the new one lasts that long I will be highly delighted, looking forward I won’t be servicing this new one I feel 5-6 years for the cost of a new one is far more viable than servicing them and then having other issues go wrong with them , the guy from butler technic was surprised it lasted as long as it has but when told how its used said that they like to be run hard not on off like they are in most boat applications . Also I don’t have time for it ti be off the road whilst they remove it get bits and re fit it’s always a few days , this way I can change it over myself in a couple of hours , I bet the thing will keep running for another couple of years now I have a spare ???

Attachments

• E057BFF8-2019-4F16-9535-2098F1DE3F74.jpeg
    E057BFF8-2019-4F16-9535-2098F1DE3F74.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 9
I'm wondering if the old Webasto quality is suffering a bit in later models. I'm starting to get that feeling.

A Chinese factory is now making them, and they are still making and selling the previous Thermo ST90.

Mines 5 years old tomorrow and in that time I've replaced the burner and pin once at a cost of £430(including some new pipe work).hope I'll get another 5 years out of it.its only on for 6 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week.

I'm wondering if the old Webasto quality is suffering a bit in later models. I'm starting to get that feeling.

A Chinese factory is now making them, and they are still making and selling the previous Thermo ST90.
I have no idea ware this was made it is a genuine Wabasto not a knockoff copy .

Had mine for 8 years now ,had it serviced twice both times new burner etc.it’s on five days a week 6-8 hours a day and I usually only turn it of 2or 3 times a day .When I start it I have the engine running till it gets going saves a strain on the battery .

Last week my boiler stopped working again it’s been a bit troublesome recently did all the usual things to get it to fire up but no go , so decided to order a new one as it’s now 8+ years old and approximately done 25,000 hours run time , new compleat one with two years warranty without having to have it serviced is just under £1,400 so it’s cheaper than replacing water pumps at £300 , burners and pins ,screens at £600 and fuel pumps at £175 and fans at £300 , the new one arrived today and guess what the old one fired up by it’s self this morning ???? typical but there you go , so will keep the new one on the shelf as butler Technics have said they will start the warranty from when it’s fitted , my mate who is a marine electrician got it for me so they will know when it’s fitted as his company stamp will be on the paperwork. This one worked fine until it was 5-6 years old from memory and without any servicing at all , if the new one lasts that long I will be highly delighted, looking forward I won’t be servicing this new one I feel 5-6 years for the cost of a new one is far more viable than servicing them and then having other issues go wrong with them , the guy from butler technic was surprised it lasted as long as it has but when told how its used said that they like to be run hard not on off like they are in most boat applications . Also I don’t have time for it ti be off the road whilst they remove it get bits and re fit it’s always a few days , this way I can change it over myself in a couple of hours , I bet the thing will keep running for another couple of years now I have a spare ???
You've got to much money lying about. Only thing I don't have spare so may look into it. ?

I have no idea ware this was made it is a genuine Wabasto not a knockoff copy .
A 'genuine' boiler could well be made in China for and on behalf of Webasto and badged a Webasto because it's made to Webasto's specifications.

My Peugeot Boxer is classed as a French manufactured van, as is the Citroën Relay. However, they are made by Fiat in their Italian factory, which is 50% owned by PSA.

BTW, if your old boiler was a Thermo 90ST then the old fuel pump isn't interchangeable with your new Thermo 90 Pro @Pjj

A 'genuine' boiler could well be made in China for and on behalf of Webasto and badged a Webasto because it's made to Webasto's specifications.

My Peugeot Boxer is classed as a French manufactured van, as is the Citroën Relay. However, they are made by Fiat in their Italian factory, which is 50% owned by PSA.

BTW, if your old boiler was a Thermo 90ST then the old fuel pump isn't interchangeable with your new Thermo 90 Pro @Pjj
Both are thermo 90 pro and the new one has come with a new fuel pump ?? so again I thought the price was quite good. Thanks for mentioning it though spruce ?

Provided Wabasto warranty it ime quite happy ???

Latest Posts

Back