Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips to clean this conservatory please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

Hi all, I'm new to the game and someone has asked for a quote on their conservatory,

How would I tackle this? Would it be just with pure water through the water fed pole or will I need a chemical too?

She wants inside and out doing, it's 2 glass walls and the conservatory roof, what is a reasonable price and how long do you reckon it may take too, I'm guessing about 2-3 hours?

Thank you for your help in advance ?

Attachments

• IMG-20220915-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220915-WA0002.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20220915-WA0003_edit_2106844971699869.jpg
    IMG-20220915-WA0003_edit_2106844971699869.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 57
We would spray it with a 10-1 mix if Virosol , give it a good scrub with WFP rinse with garden hose then finish off with pure . Inside mop and blade , if you have never dine anything like this allow double the time you think it will take , doing that on your own will be at least half a day to do it properly including all the plastic rails and window shuts . Also price it well we would be £150 for the outside roof alone ,just to give you a guide .

Hi all, I'm new to the game and someone has asked for a quote on their conservatory,

How would I tackle this? Would it be just with pure water through the water fed pole or will I need a chemical too?

She wants inside and out doing, it's 2 glass walls and the conservatory roof, what is a reasonable price and how long do you reckon it may take too, I'm guessing about 2-3 hours?

Thank you for your help in advance ?
You need to be sure that you can access all sides of the roof from the outside. Price wise just set a price per panel and charge that, it works well. If access is possible then I'd allow 3 hours for the outside and 2.5 hours for the inside. It sounds like a lot of time but you need to work fast and get on with it. Better to finish early rather than end up taking 6+ hours because you've taken your time early on.

For the inside, the eves will be full of flies and hard to get to. I take a vacuum cleaner (henry type) and suck all the flies and cobwebs etc before cleaning them with a damp cloth.

Just use purified water.

If you set your hourly rate and multiply it by 6 and you won't be far off.

There is another thing to consider. If your just starting out, it’ll be a good experience for you, and I guess you have plenty of time, so if it takes longer than you think, and it ends up being a bit underpriced, it’s not the end of the world.
It’ll still have been worthwhile, you’ll have a better idea for the next one, and you’ll have a extra few £ in the bank too.

There is another thing to consider. If your just starting out, it’ll be a good experience for you, and I guess you have plenty of time, so if it takes longer than you think, and it ends up being a bit underpriced, it’s not the end of the world.
It’ll still have been worthwhile, you’ll have a better idea for the next one, and you’ll have a extra few £ in the bank too.
That's true but you can't let the customer know this imo, if the customer knows you've never done it before they'll pick your work apart and it'll make you feel terrible. It's best to just not say anything about it being your first one, just say if you can do it... or not do it.

Personally, looking at it from the photos you have provided, I wouldn't be attempting to do that and I've done a fair few of them now over the last few years. I have a feeling accessing two sides of the roof will be hard if not impossible. So for a first one you could be in for a hard lesson if you're not careful.

I
That's true but you can't let the customer know this imo, if the customer knows you've never done it before they'll pick your work apart and it'll make you feel terrible. It's best to just not say anything about it being your first one, just say if you can do it... or not do it.

Personally, looking at it from the photos you have provided, I wouldn't be attempting to do that and I've done a fair few of them now over the last few years. I have a feeling accessing two sides of the roof will be hard if not impossible. So for a first one you could be in for a hard lesson if you're not careful.

I wasn’t suggesting that he tell the customer he’s never done one before. That would be Daft.
I was saying don’t get too hung up on getting the price and timings spot on to start with.

Thanks, I decided against doing the job for now, the right one to start with will come along soon enough probably ? and I'll gain knowledge in the meantime

Thanks, I decided against doing the job for now, the right one to start with will come along soon enough probably ? and I'll gain knowledge in the meantime
Actual experience is the best way to learn and gain confidence, as it is with most things. But I think you made the sensible decision not to take it on if you're not certain you can do it properly.. There are 2 essentials for any job - the know-how and the right kit - and it's a nightmare trying to do a job without both.

You should’ve had a crack at it, just manage the customers expectations when it comes to the hard to reach places. In my first week of starting I did a full conservatory clean (exterior only) and also the FSG and it was a great learning experience.

You should’ve had a crack at it, just manage the customers expectations when it comes to the hard to reach places. In my first week of starting I did a full conservatory clean (exterior only) and also the FSG and it was a great learning experience.

Yes I would have just got stuck in and done it. ??

Ive been honest with some of my customers and said for the price it wont be perfect, I know a lot wont agree but its how ive been going and its worked fine for me. Will depend on the customer obviously, but ive found it can be a bit of a trade off. If they did want it perfect, it will cost much more because of the time etc. When they hear how much it can cost ( thomas sanderson eg) they seem happy with my cheaper effort and its also less stress for me. As long as I get my hourly rate, at the least. I cant be dealing with keep going over and over till those bits stop coming out the sides etc. Guess ive been lucky with not overly fussy customers but as others have said, manage their expectations.

Its a shame you did not give it a go, defiantly go for the next time around.
If its your first I would say put the whole day aside this way you are in no rush to go anywhere.
We would only book one internal external in per day but we would charge a full day.
looking at the size of what you have sent we would have one guy internal external or two guys to get this done in half a day if we had others close by that we could go to after.
We are in the South East and we would charge between £400-£500 for this but it would be a full valet and service.
Give it a go next time or even give the old one a call back and go for it.
Good Luck

Back