Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The weather how to window clean what methods poles? willing to pay someone to talk to me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jordan

Hello i am using the traditional window cleaning method (ladders) i'm using micro fibre cloths and seem to go through so many and as i'm drying the glass its getting wet straight away because of the rain whats the answer how does every other window cleaner make money every day.

So tomorrow on wards i guess the weather wont be sunny every day

I need to talk to a window cleaner who's out there 5-7 days a week all year round giving me the answers i work in Wiltshire so i wont be taking your business /emoticons/smile.png

I have quite a few questions if someone could talk to me on the phone talking for an hour about the weather and methods and basically giving me what you have learnt .

I have only been window cleaning for 3 months and my round is picking up /emoticons/smile.png

I will pay you to talk to me for an hour i will write everything down £25 for an hour phone call can people comment on this post who can truthfully help me out

also what poles would people recommend /emoticons/smile.png

So you want to learn all the tricks of the trade from someone that has taking a lifetime themselves to learn for £25

Good luck with that one /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Save your 25 mate and just read, watch, and practice, but more importantly- build up your own style. You don't need to serve an aprenriceship with anyone else in this trade,you can be your own tutor, boss, and examiner.

You said the glass keeps getting wet in the rain..wouldn't worry about that

Detail the edges like normal and any other water is just rain so leave it..gonna get wet anyway once you are done.

you get paid to clean windows not dry them

Hello i am using the traditional window cleaning method (ladders) i'm using micro fibre cloths and seem to go through so many and as i'm drying the glass its getting wet straight away because of the rain whats the answer how does every other window cleaner make money every day./emoticons/smile.png

Not much you can do about the weather, and going through lots of micro fibre cloths each day, isn’t a problem, unless you haven’t got enough of them.

Is window cleaning 5-7 days a week all year round realistic? People, who have full time jobs, working Monday to Friday, get 20 days holiday, 8 bank holidays and 104 weekend days, and possibly 5 days sick leave. That would mean they work on average 19 days per calendar month, working a total of 228 days over the full year, almost 40% less than the total number of days in the year.

Considering your earning hours could also be another 40% less than those in employment, and you have higher cost - think about your price before you concern yourself with working all the days possible and what to do about the weather.

you are overthinking the job Jordan. dont think, just DO . If you have any doubts they will fade away once you are overrun with work.

keep on a-trodgin

I know this is the trad section but wfp method does have advantages over trad for awkward job. But like trad there is a limit to what can be achieved in bad weather.

If the weather is too bad soap up then walk away:whistle:

Did it once and it hapened to be the house of the guy who I subbed my work off

The heavens opened so I finished soaping the windows then done the off

He was happy as usual with my work...if only he knew

you are overthinking the job Jordan. dont think, just DO . If you have any doubts they will fade away once you are overrun with work.
keep on a-trodgin
That's right. .once you are busy you wont have time to worry

As long as you squeegee and detail the edges properly it is on to the next one

You will know if something is wrong (the custys will let you know) but I doubt you would get any complaints as you sound like a thorough person

Jordan....are you detailing around the edge of the window with the correct kind of microfibre cloth?. You need to use the fineweave glass cloths to get a proper finish.

So the penny has dropped then /emoticons/biggrin.png

i dont earn any money from windowcleaning so i cant advise..:rofl:

are you sure this isnt a ciu windup merchant?

Jordan, anyone aiming to clean windows 5 days a week is asking for trouble, the weather just doesn't allow it, it's one of the many pitfalls of window cleaning. Spread your round out. I aim for a three day week myself but I had always aimed for part-time hours really. Unless you want to be working weekends, I think your maximum week should be 4 days and even then, that needs to be no more than 5 hours per day. That way if you get rained off, you can normally recover.

Every so often and I've had to do it this month, you might need to shift your round back a week to make room for an expanding round, so the customers I clean every 4 weeks, won't see me for 5 weeks next time. That way I can re-route my route sort of thing. As Mr City said, don't over think it. Don't panic, just do your best, that is normally enough for anyone.

Mart.

EDIT:-check this guys Youtube channel mate, don't pay too much attention to him waffling on about zero detailing because I think every window cleaner should detail myself but, sit back and spend the evening watching his video's, he'll help your confidence. check this link:-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGAy3rYZZOyWfwqIExK4ZA

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a 4 week cycle 5 days a week but leave the extra few days a month free to use if needed to catch up

Hello i am using the traditional window cleaning method (ladders) i'm using micro fibre cloths and seem to go through so many and as i'm drying the glass its getting wet straight away because of the rain whats the answer how does every other window cleaner make money every day.So tomorrow on wards i guess the weather wont be sunny every day

I need to talk to a window cleaner who's out there 5-7 days a week all year round giving me the answers i work in Wiltshire so i wont be taking your business /emoticons/smile.png

I have quite a few questions if someone could talk to me on the phone talking for an hour about the weather and methods and basically giving me what you have learnt .

I have only been window cleaning for 3 months and my round is picking up /emoticons/smile.png

I will pay you to talk to me for an hour i will write everything down £25 for an hour phone call can people comment on this post who can truthfully help me out

also what poles would people recommend /emoticons/smile.png
hey Jordan if you check through the archives in this forum there is loads of tips and help for free

but end of day ya clean the window and you will improve with practice

try changing what your doing on your own windows and practice

when i started out cleaned and cleaned my windows and results were dire and my kids saying why you cleaned that window so many times bless them :mad:

but improvement came slowly and speeded up and year and half later im still learning :rolleyes: as i am a novice compared to a lot of the hardcore and v knowledgeble crew on here who have helped me and lots on here

good luck:thumbsup:

I agree with norm

I have done windows for 23 years and still have off days where it don't seem to go smooth

Just get that chin up and plod on

See Jordan, plenty of great info from the guys on this Forum for free.....save your money for the phone Chat-Lines /emoticons/tongue.png :rofl:.

Latest Posts

Back