Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Am I Doing Wrong

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richmaze1981

Ok so today was the first day useing the backpack only my windows and my mums place. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but I cleaned all the frames then the windows chased them down with pure water etc anyway after they dryed had a look and there was lots of spots any help please guys /emoticons/sad.png

Ok so today was the first day useing the backpack only my windows and my mums place. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but I cleaned all the frames then the windows chased them down with pure water etc anyway after they dryed had a look and there was lots of spots any help please guys /emoticons/sad.png
Clean them again... then again... then again... They should look okay now? Failing that give your brush a good clean using *warm* water then rinse with pure water.

The spots are near the top about a foot down i tested the water its 002 I'm running it though a di my ppm is 270 b4 I had the flow up high to do the frames then turned it down low for the final clean how much water should I be useing on a 4. Beds house?

I'm just guessing but I'd say other lads are right just more rinse mate and make sure it's chased right to bottom.

Yeah thanks wasn't the best day for it today with the showers round 2. tomorrow my mums going to have the cleanest windows in town need this to work spent a **** load of cash on the gear /emoticons/sad.png

when i first went wfp and wanted to practise, i use to soap the windows up with washing up liquid and leave to dry, then i would connect the pole to a out side tap and practise cleaning them, this way i could get my technique right to remove the dirt with out worrying about spotting, as once the technique is right and cleaned with pure water then the spots will go, if you can get windows clean with tap water then it is easier with pure, try it

What I do for first cleans is clean the top windows first, strat buy cleaning just the frames, work your way round untill you've done them all, then go back to the first window and clean the glass then move round. Remember to rince really well.

I've Been doing this on all my first cleans without any problems.

Also once you have washed the frames and cleaned the glass, make sure when you rinse, you rinse just below the top of the frame, (keep the water on the glass, not the frame) this way it will help to eliminate dragging down any dirt that might not have been washed properly on to the glass.

The chap who trained me up 3 years ago said, "it's all in the rinse when you have finished" The better the rinse the better the finish will be. You can never be 100% on all windows, with minor spotting at the very top of the glass, sometimes you might get a few small drops in the corners.

Even with my water always been at 00, this happens "sometimes".

Also once you have washed the frames and cleaned the glass, make sure when you rinse, you rinse just below the top of the frame, (keep the water on the glass, not the frame) this way it will help to eliminate dragging down any dirt that might not have been washed properly on to the glass.
The chap who trained me up 3 years ago said, "it's all in the rinse when you have finished" The better the rinse the better the finish will be. You can never be 100% on all windows, with minor spotting at the very top of the glass, sometimes you might get a few small drops in the corners.

Even with my water always been at 00, this happens "sometimes".
who did you graft for before you set up?

Latest Posts

Back