Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrade my Gardiners pole for SFG

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wonderer99

OK so just purchased a new SLX 35 that will purely be used for cleaning Soffits, facias, gutters and weatherboarding. I have a spare Gardiners backpack that I will use for cleaning agents. So I am looking for you guys who clean SFG and the like using WFP what will make the job easier? Swivel heads? Univalve VS Gardiner twist valve etc etc. I was going to use fan jets with an over brush spray bar to apply chemicals and to rinse afterwards using pure water. Sound ok?

Also wanting a WFP action cam bracket for the brush head for quick inspections of gutters save getting out the Predator. Anyone know somewhere that sells that?a

I am also looking for a simple, gentle cleaner for SFG that wont affect the windows in any way, even if it dries on. Will be going over windows last thing of course but dont want to worry about them until then.

So money is not an issue really, just looking to turn this pole into the ultimate SFG cleaner.

Cheers

If money was no object you should've bought an Xtreme, Univalve / Twist Valve will only save you water, they wont make the job easier. Do not use a swivel when cleaning fascia, they are great for window cleaning though. Personally don't like the spray bars and much prefer pencil jets purely for the accuracy.

If money was no object you should've bought an Xtreme, Univalve / Twist Valve will only save you water, they wont make the job easier. Do not use a swivel when cleaning fascia, they are great for window cleaning though. Personally don't like the spray bars and much prefer pencil jets purely for the accuracy.
Thanks. Didnt know when at height/awkward positions the twist would be easier than trying to reach down for the hose? Always used Univalve on window and never tried a twist but assumed keeping both hands on pole would be ideal for SFG?

Like I say I will be doing odd weatherboard washdowns as well so I thought maybe fan jets would get the rinsing done faster on the larger areas? Any way to have jets in the head for SFG and swith to fans for other jobs? Any easy way to switch between them?

Thanks. Didnt know when at height/awkward positions the twist would be easier than trying to reach down for the hose? Always used Univalve on window and never tried a twist but assumed keeping both hands on pole would be ideal for SFG?

Like I say I will be doing odd weatherboard washdowns as well so I thought maybe fan jets would get the rinsing done faster on the larger areas? Any way to have jets in the head for SFG and swith to fans for other jobs? Any easy way to switch between them?
A different brush would be quickest, some might prefer jets though. Gardiners do twist in and out nozzles now and for what they cost it would probably be best for you to try both

You have to get your brush in all sorts of awkward positions to properly clean some gutters, I'd imagine that an over spray or bracket would end up being a pain and hitting the wall and getting stuck on things and generally being in the way. 100° fan jets so the spray will stay fairly local and not go all over you or their neighbours house if you point the brush upside down.
I'd go Univalve as the twisting action to turn on the gooseneck valve might be the same action you're using to clean so that may be annoying with it turning on and off unintentionally. Plus rigidity would be helpful to apply pressure in the right area.

Back