Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upto 50 customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looking good, the signwriting will bring customers in. Had just over 10 enquiries at the end of last week and every single one of them said they'd seen my van. Usually a mixture of recommendation and/or leaflet.

Good luck!

Looking good, the signwriting will bring customers in. Had just over 10 enquiries at the end of last week and every single one of them said they'd seen my van. Usually a mixture of recommendation and/or leaflet.

Good luck!
Yep! A smashing job. You're right, it will bring work in nicely. ??

Yesterday i contacted between 180-200 customers and explained why im not working.

1 complained that she doesnt see why i cant clean as her house is empty and she only visits it 3 times a year for 4 days at a time ?? she got quite snotty about it, lets see what she says in 4 months when she goes to the house and windows not been done atall selfish cow!!

All others where very understanding, and id say 10-15% offered to pay me in advance to help tide me and my family over (i declined all offers)

1 customer that ive quoted £250 for a GFS & Conny clean said if i needed any money they would give me £1000 and i could do it every year for 4 years (i declined this too)

My customers are awesome.

Well 95% of self employed will get help BUT not till June. Irrelavent to me as guess whose in the odd 5%, not because im in the over £50k bracket but because hes made it quite clear that to stop fraudulent claims this will only be available to people that have a self assessment from 2018/19 which rules me out as ive only been self employed in 2019/20 and not yet done a self assessment.

Chancellors words "those that have been recently self employed we cannot do anything for them"

Well 95% of self employed will get help BUT not till June. Irrelavent to me as guess whose in the odd 5%, not because im in the over £50k bracket but because hes made it quite clear that to stop fraudulent claims this will only be available to people that have a self assessment from 2018/19 which rules me out as ive only been self employed in 2019/20 and not yet done a self assessment.

Chancellors words "those that have been recently self employed we cannot do anything for them"
Yeah it sucks I’m in the same situation mate, I’ve had to go on universal credit for the time being.

@HWCS if you don’t mind me asking what was the message like that you sent to customers as I will have to be doing this myself next week, only if you feel like sharing of course, cheers

@HWCS if you don’t mind me asking what was the message like that you sent to customers as I will have to be doing this myself next week, only if you feel like sharing of course, cheers
First ones on my facebook page and 2nd one i sent to customer via txt

All but 1 have been very reasonable with alot offering to pay in advance for cleans to see me through but ive declined all offers.

Screenshot_20200329-140432_Facebook.jpg

20200329_140641.jpg

If they are regulars and you get the feeling they are genuine, I just charge the usual price for first time cleans.
. When I price for a regular clean, sometimes I add 50% for the first wash, especially if it's very dirty or I don't get a good feeling about the new potential customer. If the windows aren't too dirty and/or I get a good feeling about them I sometimes don't charge any extra.

You develop a gut feeling about people over time. I'd imagine most of us usually get it right.

. When I price for a regular clean, sometimes I add 50% for the first wash, especially if it's very dirty or I don't get a good feeling about the new potential customer. If the windows aren't too dirty and/or I get a good feeling about them I sometimes don't charge any extra.

You develop a gut feeling about people over time. I'd imagine most of us usually get it right.
Yeah that's exactly what I do. You're right, we get pretty good at working them out!

Latest Posts

Back