Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van anti freeze measures

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeh I just looked up online and the longest that something stays warm I found was called a scottie microwavable hot water bottle, I think its actually a gel inside it. They sat it stays warm for 8 hours so surely a couple of them tucked under a duvet and placed on the pump would do the job? 

I have put the silver foil bubble wrap on my van ceiling and it’s still gets a little condensation abeit not as much
I haven't had any condensation in mine, is yours not possibly caused with heating the water with an immersion element also is your tank insulated 

I haven't had any condensation in mine, is yours not possibly caused with heating the water with an immersion element also is your tank insulated 
I heat with an immersion. I've never noticed any condensation on the foil sided bubble wrap on the roof. I didn't leave any visible gaps in the fitting of it. I overlapped the joints. If there were gaps then I would expect cold spot condensation.

We don’t  get any noticeable   condensation in our vans ,using hot water , and due to the heat in the back of the van any that did  form would soon evaporate the next day with the boiler running .

Last edited by a moderator:
Could well be it’s a very light condensation not like before where it used to drip. 

I heat with an immersion. I've never noticed any condensation on the foil sided bubble wrap on the roof. I didn't leave any visible gaps in the fitting of it. I overlapped the joints. If there were gaps then I would expect cold spot condensation.
Yes mine is overlapped it’s a very light condensation not like the dripping of water it’s used to produce. 

Back