Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van shortage !!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Patrick Flaherty

Interesting debate on the radio yesterday.

Apparently there is a shortage of vans in the country caused by demand by self employed delivery drivers for the likes of Amazon , Parcelforce and the like and if you can find them then be prepared to pay a premium !!!!

So look after what you have got is the answer.

Interesting debate on the radio yesterday.

Apparently there is a shortage of vans in the country caused by demand by self employed delivery drivers for the likes of Amazon , Parcelforce and the like and if you can find them then be prepared to pay a premium !!!!

So look after what you have got is the answer.
There's also a ridiculously massive increase in staycation holidays and those building overland campers from everything larger than a vivaro trafic

I know because I've wired in electrics and plumbing on 7 over the last 18 months

It sort of doesn't make sense. If vans are required for delivery drivers surely they will be transit sized or above? The biggest price rises I have seen are on smaller vans, the big vans don't seem to have increased in price much. 

There does seem to be huge demand for smaller vans and thus prices have rocketed - just due to supply and demand.

New van prices and deals on them do seem to be so much better value if you can afford them. 

your paranoid...loads of window cleaners have put up pics of their systems in the back of their vans.......theres nothing to steal in the back of window cleaning vans anyway apart from maybe a pole....everything else is bolted down....
No I'm not paranoid, had a van broken into last year and lost a generator, carpet cleaner and tools

I don't do just window cleaning either

I’ll just make loads of YouTube videos about the equipment I have, but I’ll not show any of it in my new van??‍♂️ 

You sure that’s your new van ?? 
Or did you just go and see it yesterday ?
You're a smart ****, yes collecting it Saturday morning. Do you want to come and witness that aswell.

I didn't post a photo highlighting the vehicle's registration so I suggest you remove it now

Admin @Iron Giant
can you remove this image please as I don't want my new vans reg on a public forum

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a smart ****, yes collecting it Saturday morning. Do you want to come and witness that aswell.

I didn't post a photo highlighting the vehicle's registration so I suggest you remove it now

Admin @Iron Giant
can you remove this image please as I don't want my new vans reg on a public forum
Saturday morning ? No one has even left a deposit for the van….. so stop with the BS!!   His words first here with deposit or payment can have it … apparently 4 people have shown Interest … so it’s not your van .. so my pictures will stay 

sorry should add . No full reg is even showing on Screen shot!

Admin @Iron Giant
Just make sure it has a new timing belt assembly fitted with those miles and age. The timing belt doesn't snap its the assembly that breaks and causes the belt to come off and damage the engine. I just fitted my second belt and assembly on Saturday my van has done 82k and feel its worth my while. ?

Just make sure it has a new timing belt assembly fitted with those miles and age. The timing belt doesn't snap its the assembly that breaks and causes the belt to come off and damage the engine. I just fitted my second belt and assembly on Saturday my van has done 82k and feel its worth my while. ?
How can he make sure ? It’s not even his van 

Are you going to buy it then ???? If you have been phoning him up you must be interested ?? bit of a long journey for you I would have thought ?? 

Are you going to buy it then ???? If you have been phoning him up you must be interested ?? bit of a long journey for you I would have thought ?? 
It was actually me who rang up , I noticed the van this morning while doing a search. Then I strangely noticed background on that other members photos this afternoon.  

im not here make people look stupid , but you don’t tell everyone you have a new van when In fact you “MIGHT” of viewed it yesterday,  he apparently was picking it up on Saturday… I’m afraid he never told the dealer that he was coming to get it on Saturday ? no deposits had been left , dealers words first person who leaves deposit or payment can have it , 

Saturday morning ? No one has even left a deposit for the van….. so stop with the BS!!   His words first here with deposit or payment can have it … apparently 4 people have shown Interest … so it’s not your van .. so my pictures will stay 

sorry should add . No full reg is even showing on Screen shot!
The van is being prepared for collection my insurance has been amended by my insurance company and I do not have to proof anything to you.

You are obviously one of those people who are either jealous or unable to treat yourself and troll others. 

What you are doing is borderline stalking.

Would you like my address? Maybe we can meet up

I don't come on this forum and BS my way through life 

The van is being prepared for collection my insurance has been amended by my insurance company and I do not have to proof anything to you.

You are obviously one of those people who are either jealous or unable to treat yourself and troll others. 

What you are doing is borderline stalking.

Would you like my address? Maybe we can meet up

I don't come on this forum and BS my way through life 
You sure ? You definitely have the van this time ? Because your previous Post was BS ? anyways have a good day 

have a read my last post to PJJ hopefully that clears the situation up?

Back