Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van shortage !!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The van is being prepared for collection my insurance has been amended by my insurance company and I do not have to proof anything to you.

You are obviously one of those people who are either jealous or unable to treat yourself and troll others. 

What you are doing is borderline stalking.

Would you like my address? Maybe we can meet up

I don't come on this forum and BS my way through life 
Sorry just because I don’t pretend I have a new van on this forum makes me unable to treat my self , you don’t know my situation, I could have 10kids to feed or I could have 10 vans to MOT and service , but you’ll never know because I do t need make my self look good on here ….

so please clear this up , if you have bought the van PROVE IT  and fair enough you might have ,  put your hands up and say you actually meant you was in the middle of trying buy this van so definitely no Shortages… or just forget it all together and anything else you post people need to question it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry just because I don’t pretend I have a new van on this forum makes me unable to treat my self , you don’t know my situation, I could have 10kids to feed or I could have 10 vans to MOT and service , but you’ll never know because I do t need make my self look good on here ….

so please clear this up , if you have bought the van PROVE IT  and fair enough you might have ,  put your hands up and say you actually meant you was in the middle of trying buy this van so definitely no Shortages… or just forget it all together and anything else you post people need to question it
I don’t think he has to prove anything it’s his personal business , but why would he lie ?? All his posts are always very transparent and he helps a lot on the forum  don’t see that he would make it up . 

You really do not know anything about me,

By the way your ropey Geordie accent on the phone is awful.

The data protection act is in place to not disclose or discuss purchases,  financial agreements or communications between two parties.

I don't have to prove anything to you yet I have all the documentation I need which I do not have to show you

Are you going to buy it then ???? If you have been phoning him up you must be interested ?? bit of a long journey for you I would have thought ?? 
My van is good for another 6 years, I hope ? Would like the new merc van that the wing mirrors automatically fold out, I'm fed up jumping back out to fold them out.

I’ve bought 4 vans in the last 12 months and prices are higher and there is a shortage. I got a bargain with the last van as it had a bit of damage.  A simple (a whole day!!!!) door swap and the wrap hides 95% of the damage. 

I wanted to replace my two year old custom with a DCIV and they offered strong money for it but with my spec it was a 12 month wait from Ford!!

You seem intent on winding other members up, so wind your neck in.

Because of your photo upload earlier I found the van in less than 30 seconds with it's reg clearly displayed. be respectful of other members and their own business. 

Wow I think someone.... @Rif  needs to chill out a bit and wind his neck in. This forum is for help and advice and some good banter and chat. No need for posts demanding people Prove stuff to anyone! I'm sure theres plenty of BS on here just like there is in face to face life and we are all big lads and ladys who can probably spot it a mile off and filter it ourselves without jumped up people like you demanding proof from people. Whatever he or anyone post on the forum they certainly dont have any need to prove it to you! 

When I was young I was a bit confrontational but when one matures you understand alot more through experience. Now I'm over fifty I don't see the point of arguing with a young thing or toxic folk. When they reach 50 then they slowly begin to realise it doesn't get them anywhere and lose friends and business continuing to live in bitterness. I prefer to travel slowly and constructively in life and head for solid achievement. ?

Looks good, are you enjoying the extra space and does it have extra creature comforts over your last van?
It's lovely having a bigger van again.

Yes plenty of extras, never had aircon in my life, the best factory stereo ever, Rhino roof bars and ladder rack. Lots of racking in the rear I can recycle, hand station eye wash and glove holders. Just fitting a new towbar later when I can be bothered.

we got a new Citroen recently we had a fortnite extra to wait for it .We once had a 6 month wait for a van this was years ago we never found out why.

A lot of the talk of shortages is made up by doom merchants .id wager the factories are working as normal. Reminds me i was once in the dealers and i heard a salesman telling a man the back seat in a Citroen crew van was handmade which explained any delay there might be , he looked over at me and his eyes said it was a lie .
Yes the talk of shortages normally means that there are not any "cheap" vans left locally on Facebook marketplace for under £2000 ?

It's refreshing when you can upgrade and purchase a newer vehicle outright.

I brought it, I paid a deposit on it and there were two vans available

View attachment 25110
Oh dear so you weren’t lying after all ???? I think @Rif owes you an apology ??????Ime sure it will do you well I had one years ago was a good van went well and economical and reasonable amount of space for other kit , enjoy 

Oh dear so you weren’t lying after all ???? I think @Rif owes you an apology ??????Ime sure it will do you well I had one years ago was a good van went well and economical and reasonable amount of space for other kit , enjoy 
I can't process why anyone would come onto a forum and lie about a costly purchase and try to fool others.

What's to gain from it

I guess it's down to immaturity, jealously and their own personal gratification

iv yet to meet a window cleaner who is not something of a "funny sawd" , its a trade that attracts the loner/ nerd. Now im not trying to insult anyone and you can be sullen yet harmless - im just stating a fact.  I met one only last week,pulled alongside with a beaming smile wed never set eyes on him before ,his smile was unusual and unnerving , we chatted easily but he wouldnt give his name.

days later id Almost forgotten him, suddeny here he is parked alongside us yet again,i thought uhoh, 
Stalker alert ?

It's lovely having a bigger van again.

Yes plenty of extras, never had aircon in my life, the best factory stereo ever, Rhino roof bars and ladder rack. Lots of racking in the rear I can recycle, hand station eye wash and glove holders. Just fitting a new towbar later when I can be bothered.
I must say I’d love air con! My 2007 VW sadly doesn’t have it but has been a great van that just keeps on going - as long as I have it serviced annually I’m told it should do big miles - it’s on 181,000 ??

I must say I’d love air con! My 2007 VW sadly doesn’t have it but has been a great van that just keeps on going - as long as I have it serviced annually I’m told it should do big miles - it’s on 181,000 ??
I recall working during in the 2019 heatwave.

I have to go to Yeovil Somerset to do a big job, it was a scorching 32 degrees in land and I had to pull into a lay-by as I was on the verge of passing out, the normal blower when driving was acting like a fan assisted oven.

For me it's more a case of safety more than luxury.

Nice to know it's there when really needed.

you sound like someone who knows how to maintain a vehicle correctly and give it a good life ?

Back