Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Got My First Enquiry.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well done mate a lot of people ask me on facebook azwell butt when i reply back only half of them still be interested

People like using Facebook and other internet methods as the feel that they can enquire without feeling like the are commiting as it's impersonal. So, you will get enquires from people who are 'casually interested' or have contacted a number of companies for a price. If they go to the bother of phoning you, they will psycologically feel that they may 'have to' accept your price, especially if you are a good sales person, or sound like a really nice person on the phone. But online is detached enough to make casual non-commiting enquiries. This is especially true if you say something like "No Obligation Quote", or "got a question? Just ask me" on your web site / Facebook page / shopping pages online ad etc.

I have also found that some people are either really stupid, or basically internet illiterate, and seem to think that making an enquiry gives them an instant automated quote or something. I have run a few websites in the past for different industries, and it always amazes me how people just don't read / think / understand a webpage, contact page or simple advert etc online.

So, the bottom line is if you advertise online, expect to get a lot more fruitless enquiries, than if you get a phone call from a flyer, or someone stopping you 'on the street' when you are at another job. But, remember you may get a lot of fruitless enquiries, but some of them will bring in work. So, be polite and give them all a proper quote, as some of them will bring home the money. Just don't spend the money in your head before you have a firm agreement to do the work at an agreed price.

People like using Facebook and other internet methods as the feel that they can enquire without feeling like the are commiting as it's impersonal. So, you will get enquires from people who are 'casually interested' or have contacted a number of companies for a price. If they go to the bother of phoning you, they will psycologically feel that they may 'have to' accept your price, especially if you are a good sales person, or sound like a really nice person on the phone. But online is detached enough to make casual non-commiting enquiries. This is especially true if you say something like "No Obligation Quote", or "got a question? Just ask me" on your web site / Facebook page / shopping pages online ad etc.

I have also found that some people are either really stupid, or basically internet illiterate, and seem to think that making an enquiry gives them an instant automated quote or something. I have run a few websites in the past for different industries, and it always amazes me how people just don't read / think / understand a webpage, contact page or simple advert etc online.

So, the bottom line is if you advertise online, expect to get a lot more fruitless enquiries, than if you get a phone call from a flyer, or someone stopping you 'on the street' when you are at another job. But, remember you may get a lot of fruitless enquiries, but some of them will bring in work. So, be polite and give them all a proper quote, as some of them will bring home the money. Just don't spend the money in your head before you have a firm agreement to do the work at an agreed price.
100% agreed

Back