Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you do differently if you were starting afresh again?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I went the trailer route as I already had a Suzuki Van which wouldn't carry the amount of water the trailer did. The trailer wasn't successful but it was a complete package which made the rest much easier. I used the Suzuki to pull the trailer.

So I wish I had sold the Suzuki and bought a bigger van rather than messing around trying to build a business around a vehicle I already owned.

However, had I known what I knew a few years ago, I would have ditched my 450 GPD r/o and replaced it with a 4040 years before I actually did it.

I would build the round to suit my lifestyle, not my lifestyle to suit the round. And I wouldn't touch employees with a ten foot barge pole.
Kind of the same for me Green, I would price my work according to how many hours I actually wanted to work in a day, and not work the long hours to get my daily target.

The main thing i would do is have started 10 years ago, cant believe ive been working for not much more than minimum wage for so long. I only wish i had some friends who were business owners to have given me the advice, instead i was always surrounded by fellow people working for minimum wage, struggling and moaning. Starting a business seems so daunting and something that other people do. When in reality its about taking it one step at a time and just keeping going, learn as you go along its not rocket science just frustrating.

Latest Posts

Back