Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bloke ask me to clean his windows for £3.50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

My customer told me a neighbour next door ask for me to pop round to give him a quote which I was happy to do.

This morning I told him it be £12, the same I charge next door. He had a disgusted look on his face.

'' I wasn't expecting to pay anymore than a fiver'' he also said to me ''the last windows cleaner only charge me £3.50"

This is his house he want me to clean for under a fiver!

View attachment 3294

View attachment 3295

Tell him you'll clean the big bottom one in the pic for 3.50 the rest is down to him

Cheeky beggar

What wound me up is that I didn't really stick up for myself...I just walk away.

As soon I was in car I was thinking I should of gone back and explained why I am charging 12 pound.

Would he go up the ladder for 3.50.. Of course not! Also wfp don't come cheap and there is petrol to pay... London is not a cheap place to live an all

3 POUND F*K%ING FIFTY!!!!! :mad:
I think I would have just punched him.
Lol... That a bit far but I think he's is one of those people who tend to look down on you cos I do one of those sh##y jobs he wouldn't dream of doing. I have come across a few, only a few minds you.

Lol... That a bit far but I think he's is one of those people who tend to look down on you cos I do one of those sh##y jobs he wouldn't dream of doing. I have come across a few, only a few minds you.
They are quite common round here unfortunately. The funny thing is you probably earn more then him.

I would have said , 'is that what you thought?, well I think looking at it closely, the price is £15 every 8 weeks or £12 every 4 weeks, its up to you, what you want.

Let me know how often you want them done.'

And then walk away.

He is obviously being obtuse.

Would he go up the ladder for 3.50.. Of course not! Also wfp don't come cheap and there is petrol to pay... London is not a cheap place to live an all
What part of London you working in Dave

I would have said "so you want your windows cleaned front & back for £3.50 then? So what happened to your last window cleaner?

I bet he says he stopped coming /emoticons/biggrin.png

I would have said "so you want your windows cleaned front & back for £3.50 then? So what happened to your last window cleaner?
I bet he says he stopped coming /emoticons/biggrin.png

Would love to have said that to him, I guess I was in a bit of a shock at the time how much he wanted me to do it for and i went a bit blank

The biggest part of this job is to sell yourself to win work as anyone can clean windows with a bit of practice.

You won't win them all but it's great fun trying especially with aholes like that:D

South west london
Sw postcode and he wants £3.50

One of them houses in w10 would be 4 times that at least for me

Some people take the ****

Expensive drums in london but want them cleaning for peanuts

Used to work for a guy around wembley area around 2006 ish and was charging tenners then for that size house

I would have told him to wind his neck in a bit and walked mate

Not worth getting the hump over as obviously one of the something for nothing brigade

I agree no point getting wound up about it. Like I said before he's one of those people who just do me head in.

Having said that I think 12 pound is a little cheap, should of been 15 pound at least with all them little frames on the windows.

As this bloke is trapped in a time warp...his reply would have been "don't know, I ant seen him since 1979..."

what a Wan£er

Sounds like some of them up this way! I would have asked him if he would clean them for £3.50, see what his response is then /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back