Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which is the best pole to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scott1234

I am currently taking the leap from traditional to water fed systems and looking at which is the best pole to buy Iv been advised on the gardiner slx30 but unsure on brushes or adaptors to go with it? Or even if that is the best pole for me?
Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Agree with Part Timer excellent pole and just add extensions when needed saves the extra weight if not needed all the time and only takes less then a minute to fit

The SLX 22 is a better option that the SLX 25. It's lighter and should reach all the windows, even 3 storey town houses. It's got the perfect length imo. I've got an extension 6 and don't use it these days, only got it for one job and I lost that last year, but it's there should I need it, just don't use it, lol.

I use a Water Genie TITAN Hybrid 27ft It will do everything hard to reach & has not really ever let me down so far, i have had it five years. poles are all the same really price is not important i would say the best brush head is the Water Genie Monofilament Dual Trim 27cm Pencil Jet Brush Head. always leaves a nice shine on the glass

My daughter and I work together. She uses a 22' Gardiner Xtreme and I use the 25' Xtreme. I like the 22' but a significant number of my customers have either large extensions on their homes or have three storey homes with connys on the back. For those the 22' is too short, so my preference for a single pole is the 25'. Either the SL-X or the Xtreme. The CL-X is way too whippy for me when fully extended.

I agree with @Part Timer a 25ft SLX is a good all-rounder more so if you are a short ar-se like me, @Scott1234 a brush is a tricky one to advise as on, a medium mixed ultimate brush would be a decent brush with good scrubbing ability and with decent lengthed bristles also it will take a bit of a battering when you're heavy handed in the early days as for the angle adapter I'd recommend a swivel this video isn't the best one but the brush can go onto the glass sideways as well I find this is quite good doing upstairs windows down the sides of frames and sometimes over extensions from the side

As a one pole fits all id go with a 25ft high mod.

or get and slx 18 and a 25 instead.

dont bother taking on jobs you cant reach with a 25, they are few and far between ive found and not worth the neck ache when there are plenty of easier jobs about.

I agree with @Part Timer a 25ft SLX is a good all-rounder more so if you are a short ar-se like me, @Scott1234 a brush is a tricky one to advise as on, a medium mixed ultimate brush would be a decent brush with good scrubbing ability and with decent lengthed bristles also it will take a bit of a battering when you're heavy handed in the early days as for the angle adapter I'd recommend a swivel this video isn't the best one but the brush can go onto the glass sideways as well I find this is quite good doing upstairs windows down the sides of frames and sometimes over extensions from the side

Just watched this vid, I could do with one of these. Had a job last week cleaning a porch where my brush wouldn’t fit into the corners. This looks the perfect solution ??

Just watched this vid, I could do with one of these. Had a job last week cleaning a porch where my brush wouldn’t fit into the corners. This looks the perfect solution ??
Swivels are great but take a little while to get used to. They are great for those windows that are down the side of houses in a narrow passage as you don't need to stand under the window to clean it! Also cleaning windows above connys where you have to stand to the side of the window.

Just to be sure I’m guessing it’s one of these ?

Please excuse my ignorance. Bloody newbies ?

Usually buy the above one because all my brushes are plugin type.

Swivels are great but take a little while to get used to. They are great for those windows that are down the side of houses in a narrow passage as you don't need to stand under the window to clean it! Also cleaning windows above connys where you have to stand to the side of the window.
Saw the angle of the brush once it was swivelled in the vid and thought they might push the brush into those tight triangle shaped corners, not a normal right angle but a much tighter angle, if you can decipher what I mean ?

Usually buy the above one because all my brushes are plugin type.
Thanks Scottish I’ll check out that link now

Latest Posts

Back