Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which is the best pole to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep, your right Iron Giant. I have a bag of them, bought as spares a few years back but I've only ever needed to use about two of them. Mind you I keep on top of cleaning my Xtremes. I know some don't like to do it but I quite enjoy it. In winter I sometimes strip mine down at the end of each day and push a small microfibre through each section with a long dowel. It doesn't take long when you've got a system in place. In summer when the ground is dry I hardly need to clean them at all.
I used to clean mine periodically I just can't be bothered these days, I keep my pole hose clean throughout the day though

One side of each shim is subjected to friction from the lever each time its operated and over time gets two grooves worn in it. At least mine do anyway. In my case its the top two as they are the most used. But as said they are pretty tough and last ages. In fact on my Xtreme poles they usually outlast the pole sections.

One side of each shim is subjected to friction from the lever each time its operated and over time gets two grooves worn in it. At least mine do anyway. In my case its the top two as they are the most used. But as said they are pretty tough and last ages. In fact on my Xtreme poles they usually outlast the pole sections.
I have never noticed any ware on mine or any issues with the clamps to be honest , my take is if a pole lasts 2-3 years ime happy to replace it the poles that are used less last far longer .

No idea but a lot of firms seam to do the same

I buy quite alot of clothes, and I've noticed more adding it in too. I didn't think it was legal but there seems to be to much companies doing it now. Which would make you think if there all at it then it must be right.

I am currently taking the leap from traditional to water fed systems and looking at which is the best pole to buy Iv been advised on the gardiner slx30 but unsure on brushes or adaptors to go with it? Or even if that is the best pole for me?
Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Mate iv used loads over the years....I find gardiner carbon fibre is well worth the money...if your in North east England I could sell you a cheap fibreglass one,,well hybrid one....
Let me know pal
Kind regards
J

I don’t see how you can abuse the shims they are just squeezed when the clamp is done up
I have been thinking on this maybe i am doing something different to others and causing more wear on sections I find I need to change the shims on sections 2 & 3 maybe 3x a year

Maybe have the clamp tightened to much
I only nip them up mate as required, it's my 22ft pole which gets the most use and ultimately wears down the most I could just swap sections around on poles plus I have a few spares of sections 2's & 3's stashed away

Morning all, I have a SLX18 which I use as my go to pole for everyday use and absolutely love, I also have a Phantom 30 which I find really heavy especially when using off to the side of a window, also find it quite bendy when fully extended doing 3rd storey etc, has anybody used the Phantom 30 and a Gardiner SLX 30 in comparison, I see the SLX 30 is 5 ounces lighter but is the Gardiner stiffer??

Morning all, I have a SLX18 which I use as my go to pole for everyday use and absolutely love, I also have a Phantom 30 which I find really heavy especially when using off to the side of a window, also find it quite bendy when fully extended doing 3rd storey etc, has anybody used the Phantom 30 and a Gardiner SLX 30 in comparison, I see the SLX 30 is 5 ounces lighter but is the Gardiner stiffer??
I can't compare like for like but I have no issues even with my SLX-45 and don't consider it whippy when fully extended

Before buying a new pole, especially if you only use the 30' occasionally, buy a light brush and get a swivel if you can.
To answer your question it would depend on the type of Phantom pole it is.

Thanks for the replies fellas, its a phantom carbon and I do use a swivel, tried quite a few different brushes as well, might add a couple of extensions to the SLX and see how that works

Latest Posts

Back