Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time out

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

A friend of a friend went bankrupt and I've bought a petrol power washer Honda and a driveway surface cleaner off of him. So I can still do the valets and patio cleaning as a back up

Its irrelevant how many houses you do

On a good day I do 3 or 4 big detached - sometimes 1 or 2 if its gutters Ivy etc -

If your in an estate of £10 semis then 15 or 20 is good to aim for eventually

Try not to compare to others as we all have our own business model

A friend of a friend went bankrupt and I've bought a petrol power washer Honda and a driveway surface cleaner off of him. So I can still do the valets and patio cleaning as a back up
Nice one in going to get into the jet washing as its a back up when weather too bad for Windows ( but that takes a lot to put me off as I work through most rain)

But it's good to have a change as you have said

2 other questions I have is. Do u turn your flow up a bit more on a first clean. I know it depends on how dirty the frames are but do most of u put a bit of ubik to the brush on a first clean

2 other questions I have is. Do u turn your flow up a bit more on a first clean. I know it depends on how dirty the frames are but do most of u put a bit of ubik to the brush on a first clean
I don't

Just scrub more

No point rinsing over stubborn dirt

I find once window is soaked in water you can't see what your cleaning

So have a good scan first for any bad marks

It helps to turn water off when scrubbing as the brush has more friction then

The way I do it is keep flow the same , scrub the frame with water on then i tug the aquadapter so water off give it more scrub then turn water back on then rinse frames , clean the glass then rinse glass. I've seen people scrubs frames scrub glass and rinse frames and glass same time and moan getting spotting way to look at it front of house you got 2 up stairs Windows , do frames on one then the other why doing the other the first frame you cleaned would stop dripping as much then clean glass and when you back to other to Window time u done the glass that other frame would of stop dripping if makes sense you will learn quick mate,

That's what I do except i scrub frames and glass with virosol or ubik then rinse just the top frames properly

Then do another window and come back to the first

Then scrub glass and rest of frames again but quickly like a maintenance clean and rinse well

As long as the top frames has been left to dry for a while it is a perfect job

Thanks to all the replies. Great advice will give it a go tomorrow.

Remember all jobs are different some may take longer then other, what brush u using ? What you going do about leaded Windows ? I have a mono xline brush for normal Windows and a flocked xline brush ( soft bristle brush ) the newer lead is ok on but you get some old leaded is good to have a real soft bristle brush and lightly go over , use a gardiner quick loc fitting so seconds to change brushes

I've got 3 brushes Superlight medium. Soft hybrid supreme. Supreme soft flocked. Was going to use the hybrid for my first clean ??

Personally I don't like gardiner brushes, but try few of the ones u got and your soon know which one to use , let the bristle do all the work never scrub to hard on the glass

@Stayclearwindowcleaming Just one small thing mate. Secure your reel because it will go over when you turn a corner and could damage your hose fittings :thumbsup:

If you clean the vents properly they wont drip dirty water. Spray some ubik on them or similar and you wont have any issues

Somehow I missed this post back in Nov last year. I wonder how @Stayclearwindowcleaming has managed through this winter with all the storms?

Do you think the cleaming at the end of his user name should cleaning? /emoticons/smile.png

I'm still at it spruce. Still trying to build a round up getting there slowly I knew it wouldn't happen overnight. Just going to keep at it day by day. But the mean thing is I'm enjoying it. And yes it is ment to be cleaning don't know how to change it

well done @Stayclearwindowcleaming , its slow but like you said all you can do is get up on a morning do your cleaning then when youve got spare time canvass/leaflet and facebook and just keep going

Are you still doing the car valeting?

i started off car valeting and still do it now but i prefer the windows, more flexible, more profit and easier. Its a nice change to valet the odd car but i dont care for it much tbh. Once i get more windows im going to put my valeting prices up quite a lot and just do the odd one for good money.

Not doing any valeting just concentrating on the Windows now. If I'm not doing the Windows I've been canvassing. I'm not going to lie there has been times I've wanted to give up. But ever jobs seems to be different and never seem to get 2 days the same. So Chin up and crack on. Thanks for the replay

Think thats the best way mate, ive been doing valeting to pay the bills but id rather be canvassing or leafletting. Yes it will make you want to quit mate, with messers and bad payers, you have to wade through a lot of ****, the good thing about valeting is its do the job and get paid, with windows it can be do the job and attempt to get paid but throw enough mud at the wall and it will stick. Theyll be days when you want to kill yourself and then days when it all comes together and youre literally buzzing either way must keep going

Latest Posts

Back