Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched Glass!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

james44

Been looking around some forums and the amount of posts there are about scratched glass,

now is it the user or brushes that is doing it or are some windows like that and just seem to show up with wfp?

now i dont recall many if any such posts when everything was trad!

Now i am not a great lover of wfp as it seems to create problems unassociated with trad methods, scratched cills are another one that crops up!

i use wfp for tops and windows i cant reach from the ground all others i do trad, i may are may not have scratched glass,cills but so far no one has pulled me up on it!

i have watched fellow cleaners being rather ruff cleaning glass scrubbing like mad and it is understandable if some glass,cills do get scratched, now using an applicator you dont have to scrub like mad so why do it wfp?

I would personally say it's the user that causes these, in total I've been using wfp just over 3 years now and never had any problems, maybe the odd bits of paint flaking off windows in poor painted condition,

I would personally say it's the user that causes these' date=' in total I've been using wfp just over 3 years now and never had any problems, maybe the odd bits of paint flaking off windows in poor painted condition,[/quote']I would intend to agree with you rc, Its the water that loosens dirt leaning heavily on the brush may speed up a clean but can also lead to problems! (scratch glass cills!)

This time of the year is scratched glass season. When the sun is low every little imperfection shows up. Gary Mauer says people get Christopher Columbus Syndrome.

That's when they believe that they just discovered something new when in reality it's been there for a very long time.

Very simply' date=' a bit of dirt gets stuck on the brush, you rub the brush over the glass/sill and the dirt scratches it[/quote']I thought construction clean up guys like to use window washing brushes instead of strip washers because the construction debris can get caught on the strip washers but not on a brush.

Dirt will stick to anything.... Just varying amounts depending on what it is, ie some brushes won't hold it as much as others, but there is always a risk...

Dirt will stick to anything.... Just varying amounts depending on what it is, ie some brushes won't hold it as much as others, but there is always a risk...
Which brush do you think is the best type to avoid this potential problem?

I think the most important thing is that at the end of every first clean and at the end of every day, the brush is cleaned thoroughly..

Very simply' date=' a bit of dirt gets stuck on the brush, you rub the brush over the glass/sill and the dirt scratches it[/quote']You aint got a clue what your talking about, do you comment on everything just to show you make loads of post's?
There is no way you could scratch the glass with what's caught in a wf brush, the only time glass is at risk of being scratched from cleaning is when your removing render, cement etc off new builds or reno's, which you can never do with wfp, you have to do this type of clean trad, using hydrochloric acid then scraper.

Basicly if your using a scourer or scraper to remove, paint, sillicon, insect/bird dirt etc you run the risk of scratching the glass. but NOT by anything that could get caught between brush bristles.....

your've been cleaning windows 2 weeks, stop giving advice on a topic you obviously know nothing about....

Very simply, a bit of dirt gets stuck on the brush, you rub the brush over the glass/sill and the dirt scratches itYou aint got a clue what your talking about, do you comment on everything just to show you make loads of post's?

There is no way you could scratch the glass with what's caught in a wf brush, the only time glass is at risk of being scratched from cleaning is when your removing render, cement etc off new builds or reno's, which you can never do with wfp, you have to do this type of clean trad, using hydrochloric acid then scraper.

Basicly if your using a scourer or scraper to remove, paint, sillicon, insect/bird dirt etc you run the risk of scratching the glass. but NOT by anything that could get caught between brush bristles.....

your've been cleaning windows 2 weeks, stop giving advice on a topic you obviously know nothing about....
Absolutely totally agree! WFP systems were designed to clean windows, they do not damage them!

Sills can get marked by brushes though but a bit of Jif (cif) on a cloth will soon dirt that out.

Don't be a numpty, its common sense, use your brain sunshine.

I been cleaning cars for a long time and trust me things do get and can get caught in brushes, clothes and sponges..... And yes I have seen and felt a wfp brush and things could get caught, granted not easily, but as long as its kept clean it should be fine.

I was referring more to the scratching of sills as aposed to glass, as glass can be hard to scratch with wfp unless you catch a bit of bRick work or something and that gets caught up.

numpty yourself pal....

I'm telling ya YOU CANT STRATCH GLASS with a wfp brush... simple

Nothing can get caught in the bristles that can stratch the glass.... PERIOD

cleaning cars has got nothing to do with glass, you HAVE NO experience cleaning the various types of glass that are in windows

Dirt caught in the bristles, dont make me laugh.......

Latest Posts

Back