Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing Tank To My Van

the best way is to get a metal frame for it and bolt it to the floor or bulkhead.

or

bolt timbers 2inchx3inch all around the bottom edges to stop it sliding and then use 4x 5 tonn rachet straps to hold it down.

Also could always find a local fabricator to find out cost to make a metal bespoke frame for you.

Mate nice set up. I'd get it strapped down properly or use a metal frame. You don't want a full tank going through into your cabin if you have a crash.

Ive only got one of the big ratchet straps across the middle of the tank it doesn't move at all but if i was to have a high speed crash would be fooked ! Its just getting the spare cash to get the frame there really expensive, i know safety comes first though

Ive only got one of the big ratchet straps across the middle of the tank it doesn't move at all but if i was to have a high speed crash would be fooked ! Its just getting the spare cash to get the frame there really expensive, i know safety comes first though

Same here mate

Put some wooden straps round it and a few rachtes straps untilly you get more money

I saw some crash test videos of unsecured tanks, I'm sure they were only about 30mph and the results are scary. I've got a 650l tank which would obliterate the cabin if it wasn't properly secured.

I bought an Ionics system when I started four years ago precisely because of their crash testing. I wouldn't risk using anything else, I know they seem expensive but they go great finance deals and you can't put a price on your life or that of your employees!

I have ply on the floor so would i just screw it to that or through the wood ? What do i use to screw it to the floor ? Screws? Bolts ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock