Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Astra van gone zonk!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There's 2 Case is Altereds I can think of. One was in Wealdstone High St, and the other up top side of Harrow Weald in Old Redding....lovely pub by Middlesex and Herts country club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next to the old bill station on the main road..my mum lived on the estate behind the shops on other side of road

Been a while.mate can't remember

Has dead ends up some of the roads

Little newsagent up there

I'm looking at a Nissan NV200. It's a larger small van. Fits 2 pallets in size. Just noticed its a 1.5cc. Does that matter?

For some of us old school, a 1.4 to a 1.6 is just too small for a diesel engine. However, times change and us oldies are incline to stick in the past.

If that's the engine it will work fine. No matter what engine you have, accelerating and driving with a full weight of water on board is always going to be an effort. I know when my Citroen Relay swb 2.0 hdi has a full 650 liters on board.

To see a 1.0 liter engine in a Ford Focus is even more difficult to swallow, trust me.

1.5 renault engine . long as its under a 100k you will be allrite but they usually blow by 120k

1.5 renault engine . long as its under a 100k you will be allrite but they usually blow by 120k
I would always pay a little more for a low mileage van with a good service history and a known past. I know they are harder to find, but they are out there.

And get the cambelt changed as soon as you buy a new motor

I always do as a lunched engine isn't cheap to replace

Did I get my answer there??lol not sure. Dave....how often do u change the cam belt? I changed mine on the Astra when I got it 8 years ago and not changed it since! Lol

About 60k miles i would reckon as an average depending on make/model but you never know when it was last done so 100k mileage motor could be well overdue

We have a caddy (standard) with a 500 litre tank. When there is two of us working we can't fill it up but it works well for us.

25c1da8250e330d780a0821a3ad959ff.jpg
a3cb21d0c762e486ccef809ba07b6463.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice vans the Caddy. Had one previous to my Astra. Lovely looking vans. Smart. Like the height on ur tank too. Mine is low and long, but narrower. Mine is black also without a gauge, so gotta keep sticking my hand in to see how much water I have left!

Hi tench0771 yes at 10.5 St my son can fill it up to top and keep within the weight limit.

Yeah...by the time I get all my bits in there...

Went from little Astra to this. Was rammo! Now at leat I won't have to keep taking it out if I need to to load up for the dump!

Latest Posts

Back